Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

Wow I come back and there's already 9 pages! Just to make it clear, I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other. Just wondering if the pros/cons mentioned in the OP are true. Reading the comments, it seems to be a mish mash.
The Solution..................... go out and shoot photos! Don't get caught up in silly discussions of which is better or worse. There are a great many fantastic images from BOTH major brand leaders, but they were taken by "Active" shooters who are out in the field, not on an Internet forum swinging their bats.
This thread is NOT to be taken seriously:)
how come?

Wow I come back and there's already 9 pages! Just to make it clear, I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other. Just wondering if the pros/cons mentioned in the OP are true. Reading the comments, it seems to be a mish mash.
The Solution..................... go out and shoot photos! Don't get caught up in silly discussions of which is better or worse. There are a great many fantastic images from BOTH major brand leaders, but they were taken by "Active" shooters who are out in the field, not on an Internet forum swinging their bats.
how come?
Because we are all silly here acting like 3 years olds :)

Like a bunch of children in a sand box sitting in a circle taking our wee-wee out and comparing who's is bigger :1219:

how come?
Because we are all silly here acting like 3 years olds :)

Like a bunch of children in a sand box sitting in a circle taking our wee-wee out and comparing who's is bigger :1219:

well, mine is obviously bigger....but that's besides the point.

actually...what WAS the point?
was there one?

I have shot both, switched from Canon to Nikon, I'll sum this up so that no more posts need to be made. ;)

Lenses are equal in quality and selection except for....... Nikon has the 14-24 legend, Canon is coming out with a competitor but from what I've seen it is ridiculously expensive and no word on whether it can match the legend. Canon has better tilt shift options.

Ergonomics, very close, a matter of personal preference.

Some claim one AF system is better than the other, I have found that both are good and it has more to do with experience and how you use them.

Canon live view is way better.

Nikon sensors destroy canon sensors at this time. Period.

Sony has good sensors, but the lens selection is weak, and you will often find that sony users have a pathological hatred for Nikon. This is caused by extreme bitterness and jealousy. ;)

Sony has good sensors, but the lens selection is weak, and you will often find that Sony users have a pathological hatred for Nikon. This is caused by extreme bitterness and jealousy. ;)
Most Sony users are not Nikon haters but there are very few who hate Nikon with passion but that's ok, I love Sony and LOVE their sensors.

Thank you Sony for making such an awesome sensor for my D750 :)

I have shot both, switched from Canon to Nikon, I'll sum this up so that no more posts need to be made. ;)

Lenses are equal in quality and selection except for....... Nikon has the 14-24 legend, Canon is coming out with a competitor but from what I've seen it is ridiculously expensive and no word on whether it can match the legend. Canon has better tilt shift options.

Some claim one AF system is better than the other, I have found that both are good and it has more to do with experience and how you use them.

Sony has good sensors, but the lens selection is weak, and you will often find that sony users have a pathological hatred for Nikon. This is caused by extreme bitterness and jealousy. ;)
Not me I feel sorry for Nikon users always thinking their cameras are superior, do a search and see how many ask for a holiday camera because they can't carry it round all day [emoji3]

Not me I feel sorry for Nikon users always thinking their cameras are superior, do a search and see how many ask for a holiday camera because they can't carry it round all day [emoji3]

i feel sorry for people that buy horrendously expensive film cameras that take pretty much the same quality photos as cameras a quarter of the price, or could go medium format for far less and get better quality... but hey, someone has to buy the nikons and leicas right? ;)

What? The. Hell? This thread is still at the UN serious stage right?? :p

i feel sorry for people that buy horrendously expensive film cameras that take pretty much the same quality photos as cameras a quarter of the price, or could go medium format for far less and get better quality... but hey, someone has to buy the nikons and leicas right? ;)
I also shoot MF

I also shoot MF
In my opinion, it's the only film worth shooting. That's just me tho.

I also shoot MF
35mm is great, I can shoot on the streets faster with my Leica than any digital

I also shoot MF
Yes, how many times? 20 Pictures then you're DONE lol! Hmmm Film roll or 64GB SD...? :D

I also shoot MF
I only do portraits so....
Speed isn't really my thing.
I'm more about finesse.
As for street, I don't know why you need a fast camera....my street doesn't move so I can pretty much photograph it at my leasure.

Most reactions

Back