Critique or encouragement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught this thread. Wow what drama the Photoforum has produced...
I understand the need to grow, but at the verbal expense of others is unacceptable. Dew has her photo thing, as we all do, she thinking she is better then anyone else though, thats wrong. No matter how she tries to justify it, she is leaving because she thinks we are shitty photographers. And she has no place in her life for us.
Fine good riddens i say. I love all the work i see here, some i feel is better then others, but i love it all equally because it is one person exploring their wold, trying to capture life in their own way. So what if "technically" one person is better then others. Help or don't help i don't mind, but to judge us is unacceptable.
For the record I thought highly of Dew, i thought her work was good, but not techinically or artistically superior to mine or many others on this forum. I am not a huge fan of street photography but i still find it interesting. I personally am not sure now it fits into the greater picture that is art, but it does.
The elitist attitude that dew showed in her posts was unexpected but not shocking to me, in another post recently about tripods she started showing some attitude that was undeserved. I thought i would mention it, but i figured what the hell, maybe its a bad day, we are all entitled to it. To put it bluntly she just told us that are photography was ****, and that hers was better then ours. If that is what she thinks (and that is what she thinks) then we are better off without her. To want to be the best is admirable, and i would wish her well, but to tell us off before moving on, to insult us as a group is unnacceptable. So i give her the same courtesy" she gave us. I think your work is marginable, but promising, but as for becoming part of the elite, i don't think you will.... Because technical skilled will only get you so far, your attitude and people skills are what makes you great.

BTW I think i am better then all of you and i am leaving :p Just kidding

I'm fairly quiet on this forum, but check it out every now and then...My opinion, "Dew" is a drama queen and completely full of herself. I mean come on.....a forum is for learning and to have fun. For some reason she thinks she has graduated to stardom and become the expert photographer! I think its hilarious!

Complete narcissist! Those posts made me wanna throw-up; the way she was downplaying people and trying to make sure that she tells everyone how good she "thinks" she is.

Whatever...I actually am glad to see her go. Now I don't have to read about what "my hubby thinks" all the time. She lives vicariously through this Doxx guy, her husband. No disrespect towards him.

Thats it...have a good one....I'm gonna go tell all my co-workers how much better I am than them...That should go over well! lol

Hey everyone, I'm not sure how things work here as far as staying on the topic of the original post and all (I know I stray enough in others), but if we could stick to the critique discussion in this thread I'd appreciate it. I think joking comments as asides are cool, but Dew is gone and what's done is done. There's no need to crap on her now. If someone wants to start a Dew bashing thread, then that's between them and the mods/admins. I totally understand the anger and frustration of not being able to defend yourself (I was a new person and I felt insulted), but I'd really appreciate it if it didn't happen here in this thread.

Thanks.

I second that notion. I think the forum has moved on. If this thread continues to be a Dew bash, I think we will have to lock this thread.

Thanks.

Hey everyone, I'm not sure how things work here as far as staying on the topic of the original post and all (I know I stray enough in others), but if we could stick to the critique discussion in this thread I'd appreciate it. I think joking comments as asides are cool, but Dew is gone and what's done is done. There's no need to crap on her now. If someone wants to start a Dew bashing thread, then that's between them and the mods/admins. I totally understand the anger and frustration of not being able to defend yourself (I was a new person and I felt insulted), but I'd really appreciate it if it didn't happen here in this thread.

heheh. you're a good man, markc. i think you are a true asset to this website, and i'm glad you're part of it.
rock on, dude! :headbang:

I think there were alot of "late comers" to this thread, like myself. When reading those comments all at once, its like a blow by blow of insults towards the members of the forum. I think everyone that knows Dew has seen it and has commented on it, so yeah lets get back to the topic if this thread is to continue. But i think everyone thats been here has the right to make 1 comment at least, even if they come in late. I have one last thing i will say on this, here is a quote from a thread in the darkroom section LOL :roll:
Quote:
Dew
Itchy Posting Finger!
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:16 pm Post subject:

let me rephrase that, i have never worked in a darkroom before and dont have any experience *remember, im new to film*

Endquote. :? :? :roll: :roll:

Anyways back to the the thread, Marc, I have been reading your comments in the forum and they are insightful, educating, and welcome on this forum. Welcome to the best "Community" photo forum around. I think your a great guy and look forward to reading your future posts. [/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back