Entry Level Lens

Okay, I know what crop factor is... Simple answers please, only regarding EF-S not crop factor or anything else, What result does an EF-S lens give that a EF lens doesnt give on a crop body?

I just read somewhere EF-S makes a smaller image circle. Does that mean more of the image circle is on the sensor instead of being cropped off? What does that mean if that is the case. Better IQ, more FoV etc... Something gimme something

Well, since the EF lens are made for FF, when used in a smaller sensor cameras, it generally has less problem with vignetting when compare to a similar EF-S lens.

back to the 25mm vs 50mm prodigy... you slap the 25mm on a crop sensor mulitply it by 1.6 (or 1.3 which ever you have), you slap on the 50mm EF-S on a crop sensor you do the same thing. i think one of the main differences is that the back element of the lens on EF-S gets closer to the sensor and thus also closer to the mirror flip up. and if you put an EF-S onto a full frame the back element of the lens would obstruct the flipping motion of the mirror.

am i right techies?

Most reactions

Back