I Need Help With RAW files!

Misfitlimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been shootin in JPEG for awhile until recently I was advised to shoot in in RAW now im having trouble gettin the stuff off my flash card and onto my hard drive. I have CS4 and have been trying to convert the files but not having much luck im not sure if im missing a step or something. any ideas?

Getting the files off of the card shouldn't be any different than with JPG...

I use Lightroom for RAW conversion so I'm not exactly sure about CS4, but you may need a plug-in or something for it to recognize your camera.

Ive been shootin in JPEG for awhile until recently I was advised to shoot in in RAW now im having trouble gettin the stuff off my flash card and onto my hard drive. I have CS4 and have been trying to convert the files but not having much luck im not sure if im missing a step or something. any ideas?
What camera are you using? If it's a really new model you may need to update the Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) plug-in to the latest version before CS4 will recognize your RAW files.

You can download ACR 5.4 from here.

I have a card reader but when i plug it in it doesnt say it has files on the card i can view the files in photoshop but when i try and save its no dice. I have lightroom any suggestions for what to do on that?

I have a card reader but when i plug it in it doesnt say it has files on the card i can view the files in photoshop but when i try and save its no dice. I have lightroom any suggestions for what to do on that?
Need more info.

What brand CF memory card are you using?

What brand card reader are you using?

What kind of computer is this? Mac or PC?

When you plug the card reader in, is a program or utility popping up to read the card or are you using the OS's File Manager?

Try Updating CS4

I use Lightroom for RAW conversion so I'm not exactly sure about CS4.
i can't get my lightroom 2.4 to recognize the RAW files. did you install any plugin?

Try This Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CS4: Digital camera raw file support

Im shootin with a Canon 50D

Raw needs to be converted at some point so that other programs can recognise it and display the photo..

You say that you cannot "save" after you see it in photoshop ? Do you mean after you have seen it in RAW in photoshop and done the initial post work there ?

After you have done whatever you need to do to the RAW photo, you need to "Convert and Save" it in your favorite photo folders .... maybe as a TIF file.. or as a JPEG if that's what you need to use.

Your Canon should have come with all the software (Digital Photo Professional) you need to get you started and familiarized with working with RAW data...

Last edited:
The card reader is A lexar 2.0 reader ...it doesnt have a model or nothin. the card is a kingston 16gig 233x write speed

When i say save i mean onto my storage ie. hard drive. After ive done all the PP i try and save as and change to a large format JPEG and it stops it and says it had a problem saving it but doesnt give a reason. its at 240 ppi at 8 bit i think

What kind of computer are you using? Mac or PC?

When i say save i mean onto my storage ie. hard drive. After ive done all the PP i try and save as and change to a large format JPEG and it stops it and says it had a problem saving it but doesnt give a reason. its at 240 ppi at 8 bit i think
Are you working on a RAW file that's already on your computer or is it still on the Compact Flash card?

Im sorry guys im new to all of this sorry if im being vauge or a pain in the ass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back