My battle against the evil shoe company aka who was in the right?

Who was right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pretty much everyone is at fault here.
The store did not notice the wrong shoe had been placed in the wrong box, perhaps by an employee, perhaps by someone trying on different sizes. but due diligence was not exercised when purchasing the shoes, nor when the person put them on and wore them for the day.
where does responsibility lie? realistically, someone SHOULD be able to grab a box off the shelf and have the rightful expectation that the contents are correct.
however, if the stores policy is not to allow returns if the merchandise has been used, is it the stores fault if the buyer was ignorant of said policies?
im kinda surprised the store took such a hard line, but then again, I wasnt there to see the shoes when they were returned.

in my opinion, if you are too honest to clean the shoes up before returning them, then you are too honest to expect the store to go against policy and refund you the money.
sometimes people who are not "deceptive little sneaks" have to take the lumps to maintain their integrity. unfortunately, its sometimes the price paid for being an upstanding citizen.

I once picked out a nice pair of sneakers on display then found my size opened the box and there was a nice pair of funky old sneakers inside the box.Good thing I just didn't assume new sneakers of my correct size where in the box.Imagine trying to prove thats what was in the box after leaving the store.

I got to disagree with you on this. It ain't my fault. I wasn't even there nor do I have any connection with the store.

I live in Kansas, not some fancy dancy place like Florida. Shoot, we hicks in the sticks here in Kansas only wear shoes on Sunday to church, to a funeral or two or when we be courting some purty gal, but we learnt to check the sizes of stuff. You can't know how embarrassing it is be driving down the road on your tractor having a 16.9 X 34 tire on one side and a 16.9 X 38 on the other. You look real silly leaning to one side like that on a tractor.
animated-tractor-image-0017.gif

I got to disagree with you on this. It ain't my fault. I wasn't even there nor do I have any connection with the store.

I live in Kansas, not some fancy dancy place like Florida. Shoot, we hicks in the sticks here in Kansas only wear shoes on Sunday to church, to a funeral or two or when we be courting some purty gal, but we learnt to check the sizes of stuff. You can't know how embarrassing it is be driving down the road on your tractor having a 16.9 X 34 tire on one side and a 16.9 X 38 on the other. You look real silly leaning to one side like that on a tractor.
View attachment 138908

ok fine...

i will capitulate to your assertation that it is, in fact, not your fault.

I'm tying my fingers up with my tongue so I don't type any more than I already have.

View attachment 138908

ok fine...

Whats capitulate mean? Is that where them there politicians get together an argue or something. Are the capitulating when they do that?

View attachment 138908

ok fine...

Whats capitulate mean? Is that where them there politicians get together an argue or something. Are the capitulating when they do that?

I believe your thinking of "catapulting"

In this case I personally believe the fault does not fall on the store.

.. if he still feels the need to fight for a refund, the quickest way to get a resolution is social media.
Even though you believe the store is not at fault, you would still force them to give you money? Even undeservedly so, as you admit?

What if some entity was actually wrong?

Would you then advocate killing somebody?

You'll note I said... "I personally believe"... not "I personally know".

It is my opinion. I know others may differ. if he felt he was not at fault then I suggested what he could do.

You also cut out the "However, since it's not a clear black and white case" which further points to my acknowledging that it is my opinion and I can see people interpreting another way....

but go ahead and just use the parts you want to advocate jumping to some ridiculous conclusion that I would advocate killing someone. :)

.. if he still feels the need to fight for a refund, the quickest way to get a resolution is social media.
Even though you believe the store is not at fault, you would still force them to give you money? Even undeservedly so, as you admit?

It is my opinion. I know others may differ. if he felt he was not at fault then I suggested what he could do.

You also cut out the "However, since it's not a clear black and white case" which further points to my acknowledging that it is my opinion and I can see people interpreting another way....

but go ahead and just use the parts you want to advocate jumping to some ridiculous conclusion that I would advocate killing someone. :)

for the record, I would advocate catapulting someone.

Just make sure you have the right size bucket for the catapult..... I hear you cant return them once you put someone in it.

Just make sure you have the right size bucket for the catapult..... I hear you cant return them once you put someone in it.

nah...ill just wipe it down first. :allteeth:

I know a place you can buy used underwear. Only worn once to church on Sunday.

Sorry, we are talking about shoes here, shoes that were worn an entire day by a person. I am not saying your friend is some sort of typhoid Mary, but there are over 100 types of foot fungi, not to mention that due to their natural environment, no matter the amount of washing they are one of the germiest parts of the body.
You have a point but what about all the people that try those same pairs of shoes on day after day? By the time you buy a pair of shoes there might have been 100+ feet in them from people trying them on for fit or style. Are those feet magically germ free?
If the shoe store does not have a policy that all shoes must be tried on with socks or foot sox then it is not a place that I will shop for shoes. Most health codes require that all footwear must be tried on in store with some sort of socks or even better foot sox. There is also a difference between a couple of minutes and 8 to 10 hours.

I doubt the show stores have sock police watching to make sure customers are wearing socks before they try on shoes. Most stores don't even have a clerk to help if needed. It's not the customers job to check to make sure the correct size shoe is in the box as shown.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is true no sock police and help is certainly lacking these days.

It's not the customers job to check to make sure the correct size shoe is in the box as shown.
No, but with the quality of some employees and oversight, why take a chance?

It's not the customers job to check to make sure the correct size shoe is in the box as shown.
No, but with the quality of some employees and oversight, why take a chance?

... and unless you have nothing else better to do with your time, check it so you don't have to go through the mess after. LOL It's 10 seconds to check vs hours of going back and forth with the store, or wearing the wrong shoes size for the entire day. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back