New People & The Forums

Yea a little........but that's part of posting extremely noobish pics on a forum with many, many amazing photographers and artist; both professional and amateur's! I have only been shooting for a few weeks, and I post my pics here expecting to get flamed. It hurts a little, but you can't let other peoples opinion be your motivating factors to take pictures.

i disagree. this particular section is, in part, for beginners, so the pros should be coming in here expecting to see newbs posting their junk. they don't need to like what gets posted here, but they should be at least helpful and respectful. and yes, questions and topics can be posted multiple times and it gets tiring, but in many forums that i'm a member of, the newbie section usually has a no flaming policy.

i don't see much flaming going on here though so i'm not sure what the OP is talking about. i do see negative criticism that may be hard to swallow sometimes, but that comes with posting your pictures, so they need to deal with it.

I don't think new members are belittled here when they use common sense. I am new and have posted pictures for critique and have received very honest, helpful feedback. That's why I posted. I think new members have to be very careful when posting. Do some searches first and don't post questions that have been discussed over and over. Also, take a critical look at your own work before positing it. If's it's that bad and you know it's bad, don't post it. Remember the old saying, garbage in - garbage out.

Stupid n00b! Try searching first.

Ha.

But seriously, I think stupid people are belittled, not n00bs. It just so happens that there is a higher percentage of stupid people with new posters. But the real situation is that n00bs have no idea that certain topics have been beaten to death, then beaten into the ground, then beaten through the earth to China, then China mails it back because they didn't want it, at which point people thought it was a new topic, and proceeded to beat it furiously. So when they come in and post a question about such a topic, you can hardly blame the people that have been here for a while, for wigging out, when half the time the same topic appears on the first page of new posts. Solution? SEARCH FIRST!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back