Patents? I have a great idea...

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So last night I came up with a great idea for photography that I think would sell like mad and haven't seen anything like it anywhere.

Does anyone have experience in the process to put your idea to market and rough costs involved?

You can go to the us Patent Office and do a search first to see if it has been done previously and, is still covered under a patent. PatFT » Page 1 of 1 If it hasnt you can then file a Disclosure Document with the Patent Office. When filling out the document it is best to briefly describe the idea getting the point of what it does and, how it works. You dont want to get too detailed on the construction of it, general thumbnail sketches are best. What disclosure allows is further developement to the final product without the danger of the idea being stolen. When selling your idea to a company it is best to not get it under a full patent but, still have it in disclosure. The reason being is that they can modify the design slightly and, manufacture without paying you. That is why you see alot of products on the market with the Pat.Pending and, a series of numbers on them. It gives them full protection of their product and, if someone does a design change to it they can sue for infringement, saying we were going to do that.

You can go to the us Patent Office and do a search first to see if it has been done previously and, is still covered under a patent. PatFT » Page 1 of 1 If it hasnt you can then file a Disclosure Document with the Patent Office. When filling out the document it is best to briefly describe the idea getting the point of what it does and, how it works. You dont want to get too detailed on the construction of it, general thumbnail sketches are best. What disclosure allows is further developement to the final product without the danger of the idea being stolen. When selling your idea to a company it is best to not get it under a full patent but, still have it in disclosure. The reason being is that they can modify the design slightly and, manufacture without paying you. That is why you see alot of products on the market with the Pat.Pending and, a series of numbers on them. It gives them full protection of their product and, if someone does a design change to it they can sue for infringement, saying we were going to do that.

Sounds perfect, thank you!

Oh, and it's a thing-a-ma-bob to anyone curious. ;)

Great! I was hoping someone would invent a thing-a-ma-bob for the Nikon so they looked better!

I was relieved to see you're working on a thing-a-ma-bob.

I was worried you were working the same thing I have in the design progress: a doo-hicky. ;)

If you really want to secure your financial future, invent something useful for the kitchen.

Great! I was hoping someone would invent a thing-a-ma-bob for the Nikon so they looked better!

Do you ever post anything other than flames on Nikon?

Heck no, he's a Canon-boy through and through. Just seeing the word
NIKON
is probably enough to make him puke. :lmao:​

Besides, at least he's consistent. :thumbup:​

I was relieved to see you're working on a thing-a-ma-bob.

I was worried you were working the same thing I have in the design progress: a doo-hicky. ;)

If you really want to secure your financial future, invent something useful for the kitchen.
Well Im gald you are both working on anything but a thing-a-ma-jig, Im working on one of those.
And your Welcome Photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back