Problems again

rlcphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is the 2nd time I have had a problem with photographing a football game. It just slows down if I stick it under my coat and let it warm some it will be okay for about one round of photos. The batteries are fully charged,,,but Im thinking I bought those cheap non Canon batteries,,could this be the problem or is it just the cold, heck its only 40 45 degrees out there.

Im shooting AWB at 1600 speed using an XT dslr

hmm do you have an ordinaly canon batterie (ie the one that came with the camera when you got it) if you use that batterie do you have the same problem?

If not then chances are its the cheaper grade batteries.

I got 1 battery with the camera,,I went and bought a cheaper batterys so I would have extra...but they were really cheap like 2 for 7.00, should have known better

ouch - way too cheap I think. I know some people do use 3rd party without problems, but you still have to get the right 3rd party.

thsnx,,I was just looking into amazon, wow the prices for only 1 battery 44.00 and up,,,is there a better way to get these better batterys??

sadly they are not cheap things - I think BigMike uses a decent brand of 3rd party batteries that are cheaper than the standard makes.
As for cost the whole hobby is expensive :(

A Canon XT, Speedlight, and 6 lenses. Quite a bit of money there. I'll never understand why people spend thousands on stuff, then complain about a mere $44 for the final item to make it all work....

Most reactions

Back