shooting "spec"?

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How exactly does this work? If I wanted to work with a band, say Weezer for example, who are fairly well known, do I just contact their management? Tell them I am a photographer and would like to work with them? They are not from my area so I assume I would ask to work with them before a show in my area.

Has anyone done this before? I've been told multiple times I should try this. Can someone give me details on how to go about it?

Thank you.

You only have 1 lens that you would be able to use and i'm not sure how good the D80 is at high ISO's 1600+ is needed for shooting bands
I have done this in the past you don't get many saying yes have you got any good shots to show them what you can do
Here's a link to my shots that Paul Carrack used for his DVD
Paul Carrack DVD Shots - Gary Clarke's Photos

You only have 1 lens that you would be able to use and i'm not sure how good the D80 is at high ISO's 1600+ is needed for shooting bands
I have done this in the past you don't get many saying yes have you got any good shots to show them what you can do

ah, i should have specified - not concert shots, more like promotional photos.

ah, i should have specified - not concert shots, more like promotional photos.

Don't think you will have any chance of that,try asking local bands to start, i have done a lot for local bands

I would agree you will most likley have to start working local with smaller groups - use this time to build your protfolio and your contacts within the industry. Then you will be in a better position to move into larger league groups - having both experience, results and understanding of the industry to offer them. You can also use this time to help build your setup and your shooting method - this further increases what you can offer to the band and also greatly increases the possible technical quality that you can achive.

i do currently work with local bands. i was just using weezer as an example. what i'm wondering is how to go about asking to shoot spec for slightly bigger bands than the ones i currently am working with.

Key features

• 10.2 megapixel DX format CCD (1.5x FOV crop)
  • Image processing engine (similar to D200 / D2X)
  • 3D Color Matrix Metering II, 420 pixel sensor (same as D50)
  • 11-area AF system (new version of Multi-CAM 1000, similar to D200)
  • Custom Auto ISO (selectable maximum ISO, minimum shutter speed)
  • Configurable high ISO and long exposure noise reduction
  • Mechanical only shutter (maximum 1/4000 sec, flash sync to 1/200 sec)
  • Quoted 80 ms shutter lag (short viewfinder blackout; 160 ms)
  • Larger, brighter pentaprism viewfinder (x0.94 magnification)
  • Support for SD-HC (SD cards over 2 GB in capacity)
  • In-camera retouching
    • D-Lighting (shadow / highlight enhancement)
    • Red-eye reduction
    • Trimming
    • Monochrome
    • Filter effects
    • Small picture
    • Image overlay
  • Multiple-exposures
  • Compact body (smaller, lighter than D70/D70s)
  • Improved menu user interface (same as D200)
  • Higher capacity EN-EL3e battery (provides detailed information, same as D200)
  • Wireless flash integration (same as D200)

Most reactions

Back