Thinking of switching to Nikon...

So I pulled the trigger yesterday and sold off all my canon gear and picked up a d750. Havent had much chance to test it out, but I'm looking forward to really seeing what this thing can do. Just shooting around the house the high ISOs look super clean. And there is so much stuff to figure out! My 6d was super simple, there's a lot to customize and such on this body.

Very nice! What glass have you picked up so far? I think you will be very happy with it

Very nice! What glass have you picked up so far? I think you will be very happy with it

I just picked up a 50 1.8 with it, but have a tamron 150-600 on hold and just need to go pick it up, and have another tokina 16-28 coming. Not sure what else I'll grab

I just picked up a 50 1.8 with it, but have a tamron 150-600 on hold and just need to go pick it up, and have another tokina 16-28 coming. Not sure what else I'll grab

An 85mm 1.8G prime for incredible sharpness? Or a 35mm fsomething. Maybe an art?

Jake

So I pulled the trigger yesterday and sold off all my canon gear and picked up a d750. Havent had much chance to test it out, but I'm looking forward to really seeing what this thing can do. Just shooting around the house the high ISOs look super clean. And there is so much stuff to figure out! My 6d was super simple, there's a lot to customize and such on this body.
Congrats on a super camera!!!
I am very eager to know how does the D750 stack up to the 6D in low light ?
The 6D is known to have impressive low light performance and the D750 gets very good review on its low light performance too so I would love to know which is better.
Since I got my D750 I feel it has improved my photography, it is simply such a flexible tool, I can do stuff with it that I found very hard to do with the D7100 especially in low light.

Becareful shooting outside with the cold. Those ribbon cables for the screen can get brittle in extreme cold so I'd not move it around a lot.

This is from experience.

Well if you decide to make it down this way to look for owls I'd be happy to bring along a few different Nikon lenses for you to try on that thing. As of right now I have Saturday off, I'd be up for an early morning shoot. And I'm sure Mike would be too, seeing how he always is lol

IMG_0180.jpg

Becareful shooting outside with the cold. Those ribbon cables for the screen can get brittle in extreme cold so I'd not move it around a lot.

This is from experience.

Yeah I've already decided to use the swivel screen as little as possible. It seems like a weak point in the camera and not something I'll need to use too often, I certainly didnt miss having a tilt screen on my 6d

Well if you decide to make it down this way to look for owls I'd be happy to bring along a few different Nikon lenses for you to try on that thing. As of right now I have Saturday off, I'd be up for an early morning shoot. And I'm sure Mike would be too, seeing how he always is lol

View attachment 92636

We'll see what the weather looks like, but I may have to go to newtonville camera anyway to pick up a nikon mount tamron 150-600, so I'd be pretty close to you anyway...

So far they are saying cold but dry.

You guys going after snowies?

Where? Can I come?

View attachment 92636
Holy COW
or ... Holy Long Range Trinity !!

hey .. I just sold my Canon 5dm3 and bought a Nikon d600 .. can I come too ?!?!

If you leave now you can be here by Saturday LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back