1st Wedding

JCleveland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here it is, my first attempt at a wedding. LUCKILY it was just a favor to the bride and groom (who are my best-girl-friend's M&FIL), They were just wanting (and I quote) "snapshots to remember our day, nothing fancy". So it was a good learning experience, and now I definitely realize things I need to work on, look out for, and purchase! Unfortunately I shot in JPEG all day :grumpy:, So any blown highlights are just about completely unsalvageable! C&C very welcome! Here are a few:
2578248969_540811e34b.jpg

2579095912_c1494ac268.jpg

2579100362_3a849fcebd.jpg

2578266407_27f3439786.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I like #3 the best. got some emotion in that one.

Hope you don't mind but i messed with one the the pictures not sure if you will like it if not just delete it. first time that I have ever done anything to anyone pictures. so if you don't like it that fine.

weddingforum.jpg

Just my opinions....

1. The crop is a little unnerving. Gives me the impression that the 4 ladies are waiting for their horses (in reference to the Headless Horseman). Also, you already mentioned that the blown out parts were unsalvageable (sp?)... was the picture originally overexposed, or did you create that look? I speak for myself when I say that I'm not too fond of the overexposed look.

2. REALLY diggin' this. Don't know what you did in PP, but the couple really pops from the background. Great composition too.

3. Agree with cj... just a tad darker though would really make me go wow.

4. This one's a toss up for me. I think I would have liked it more in color.

I like #3 the best. got some emotion in that one.

Hope you don't mind but i messed with one the the pictures not sure if you will like it if not just delete it. first time that I have ever done anything to anyone pictures. so if you don't like it that fine.

weddingforum.jpg

It's totally fine if you wanna play with 'em some! I think I may have missed the post of your version :(
Thanks for the comments :mrgreen:

Just my opinions....

1. The crop is a little unnerving. Gives me the impression that the 4 ladies are waiting for their horses (in reference to the Headless Horseman). Also, you already mentioned that the blown out parts were unsalvageable (sp?)... was the picture originally overexposed, or did you create that look? I speak for myself when I say that I'm not too fond of the overexposed look.

2. REALLY diggin' this. Don't know what you did in PP, but the couple really pops from the background. Great composition too.

3. Agree with cj... just a tad darker though would really make me go wow.

4. This one's a toss up for me. I think I would have liked it more in color.

Thanks for taking the time to critique~!
With #1 I had seen somewhere a picture of the bridesmaids and the flowergirl (the women standing differently though) and I was trying to 'reproduce' my version of it with Mister ring bearer. I took probably 3 or 4 shots trying to get the "chopping off the head" just right and none of them looked how I wanted lol, so I definitely respect the Sleepy Hollow reference lol. I do like the over-exposed look, but this one was unintentional.

#2 this one I cropped and did some playing around with de-saturating and so on.. nothing too crazy.. I was kind of perplexed as to how people would feel about the colour..

#3 another one of the unfortunate ones, I tried making it darker, but I'm not very fluent with photoshop and ended up with hellish results, a quick tute would be awesome!

#4 Luckily I have the colour one still and have given both copies to them, so hopefully they like one or the other at least!

Thanks again!

heres an edit i did, im not to good with photoshop but this has more color than the original

2579095912_c1494ac268.jpg

I think #4 would be a stronger photo if you couldn't draw a horizontal line through 5 of the 6 heads. All the eyes are at virtually the same level. I think that's where the composition falters on that image.

why must have been nerve wrecking taking pictures~! the first one is my fav but overall great pictures! xoxoxo

I think bahandi is bang on with his observations.
1. Irrespective of the highlights, the crop/composition is very unpleasant.
2. Very nice; I like the desaturated look, but her dress needs to be about 1/2 stop darker.
3. Nice, but cropped a little tightly for my liking.
4. Definitely would prefer this in colour,and perhaps with a little more of the area above their heads cropped.

Most reactions

Back