30 Must Have Wedding Photos

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! For those photographers who are aspiring to be a wedding photographer, whether it's as a professional or a casual thing, check out this blog post I made which highlights 30 photos that I would recommend every photographer try to capture at a wedding. Obviously every photographer has their own style but I've found that if I try to capture most of these at a wedding i'll be pretty successful and make a happy client. Thanks for checking it out!

30 Must Have Wedding Photos - Colorado Wedding Photographer | Colorado Engagement Photographer | Fort Collins Wedding Photography | Sean Lara Photography

Last edited:
YES--the wedding party clustered around the helicopter shot!!! Dang it! When I got married the dude missed that shot!!!

In all seriousness, your link above is well worth clicking on.... What a wonderful promotional page for your skills! Seriously...I think you did a great job on that web page. Loads fast, the pictures look good, lots of variety, great color, good emotion, consistently good technical quality...dude...nice work, nice web page!!! Super nice promotional work for you and your skill set!

It's one of the POTUS helo's too. Also known as Air Force One when POTUS was on board.

It's one of the POTUS helo's too. Also known as Air Force One when POTUS was on board.

Actually, I believe the helicopters are provided by the Marine Corp, and thus it's known as Marine One when the President is on board.

The planes are provided by the Air Force and get the Air Force One moniker.

[You're right, though, that the President actually has to be one board - otherwise the craft just gets its regular designation.]

You moved to Colorado? While your article will really boost up your SEO, I dont know if I want that ON my website. The last thing I want is a bride complaining about why I didnt take a certain shot on that list I made.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! For those curious about the helicopter shot, It is a must to have a helicopter shot at every single wedding! haha jk. This is actually Richard Nixon's helicopter at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, CA.

In response to Robin, yes I am in the process of moving to the Fort Collins area. I definitely see your concern with a bride potentially complaining that one of these shots wasn't included in her package, and I actually thought about that before making the post. However I felt comfortable enough posting this because I'm confident that unless there is something beyond my control preventing me from getting one of those shots, I make sure that with every wedding/client I provide them with every one of those shots at every wedding and so far (knock on wood!) I have been successful at doing so.

... because there just can't be enough cliche in wedding photography.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! For those curious about the helicopter shot, It is a must to have a helicopter shot at every single wedding! haha jk. This is actually Richard Nixon's helicopter at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, CA.

They actually had their wedding reception at the Nixon Library? Man, That's some serious GOP dedication!

Last edited:

It is actually MARINE ONE.

Good list, I watched Sals wedding photography bootcamp and he said "take photos of everything the bride and groom spent money on" good thing to remember.

I really like that shot of the shoes you did, do you carry a mobile backdrop with you? how was that done?

In the photography business there's an old,old saying, "If you want to sell big, you need to show big," meaning you need to SHOW clients canvas-mount and canvas-wrap prints during their sales conferences and in the studio...

...maybe there needs to be a new phrase: "If you wanna' sell HELICOPTER wedding shots, you need to SHOW helicopter wedding shots!!"

Nice compilation of very good work. Nothing mind-blowing in the article but definitely a good starting point for anyone looking into wedding photography or preparing to tackle their first wedding. I liked the example shots, well done.

Restomage said:
Hey everyone. For those of you who are interested in wedding photography or are already a wedding photography professional, check out this post I made. These are photos that (in my opinion) every photographer should capture at a wedding. If you like it let me know what you think, feel free to comment here or on my page. Thanks all!

30 Must Have Wedding Photos - Colorado Wedding Photographer | Colorado Engagement Photographer | Fort Collins Wedding Photography | Sean Lara Photography

http://seanlara.com/30-must-have-wedding-photos

Wow

Most reactions

New Topics

Back