40D

- programmable direct print button (would like to set it to mirror lock up, who needs direct print anyway)
Amen!
Canon....are you listening?

simple answer (my wishlist):

- better quality sensor (lower noise, wider dynamic range, 16 bits instead of 12)

- weather sealing

- better display

- programmable direct print button (would like to set it to mirror lock up, who needs direct print anyway)

it will probably get some more MP, maybe 5 fps, and it will get some other rather useless features like the dust re-distribution function ;)

Considering the money I am putting into the weather sealed lenses, I would really, really like to see this!

I would also like to see weather sealing, but again, that's one of those features that sets the top end models apart. The 5D, I think, is more a prosumer camera that happens to have a full frame sensor...than a 'pro' body.

That being said, the 40D has weather sealing on the battery and CF card compartments (although not on the buttons)...that's a step in the right direction...so maybe we can expect to see something on the new 5D.

It should be interesting to see what they come up with. I expect that it will be pretty impressive, considering the current market. By the time it comes out I will have enough money to upgrade too! :)

I had been thinking, over the last year or so, that I would upgrade to the newer 5D, when it shows up. But with my investment in lenses for crop sensor cameras and the awesomeness of the 40D...I think the 40D might be the next one for me.

I had been thinking, over the last year or so, that I would upgrade to the newer 5D, when it shows up. But with my investment in lenses for crop sensor cameras and the awesomeness of the 40D...I think the 40D might be the next one for me.

The only EF-S lens that I have is the one that came with my camera. But, who knows, maybe the new 5D won't be that impressive and I end up with a 40D anyway. I have to say, that I am rather anxious to find out though!!!

I hear you Big Mike. I was also considering the 5D upgrade, more for the ISO and low noise factor, rather than the full-frame. With the 40D, it seems to answer my problems without tacking on an extra $1000+. Granted the updated 5D will probably smack down the new D300 release(as new realeases tend to up the ante), I can't see it infringing too much on the 1D market share. ISO 25000?!?!? You shooting bats in a cave? Maybe 6-7fps, better noise and ISO control, 15MP FF, larger lcd, liveview, Digic III, sensor cleaning (what a crock by the way, just wipe it off), larger buffer, some additional weather seal. By winter 2008 Canon?

Check out the new G9, it's an AWESOME little machine.

First you post the 40D and make me hate my XT, then you post the G9 that makes me wish my existing P&S would explode so I have an excuse to make a serious upgrade to the G9.

One day I feel great, the next moment I feel like dirt. I think I'll switch hobbies to quilt making, that's the only way I can keep from blowing all my money on cameras.

I have the feeling there are gear-heads on Quilting forums too :))))

I have the feeling there are gear-heads on Quilting forums too :))))

<grin>
yeah, but I assume sewing needles are cheaper than CMOS sensors and digic III processors, so you might come out ahead doing quilts...

yeah, but I assume sewing needles are cheaper than CMOS sensors and digic III processors, so you might come out ahead doing quilts...
Maybe. That good quality fabric might be $400 a yard. :lol:

I'm willing to bet a high-end long arm quilting machine is in the price range of a 1D.

I'm willing to bet a high-end long arm quilting machine is in the price range of a 1D.

Well, my quilting machine of preference is this the Royal 12x24 Long Arm. It's made by KenQuilt, of course. You can find more info here http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp03320-0517.html

It features a built-in bobbin winder, and uses a 135x17 needle.

My thread of choice is the A&E Signature 100% Cotton Machine Thread. It's super smoooooth ;)

ok.. I just learned wayyy too much about quilting. What a sad life...I could have just asked my mom.

Well, my quilting machine of preference is this the Royal 12x24 Long Arm. It's made by KenQuilt, of course. You can find more info here http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp03320-0517.html

It features a built-in bobbin winder, and uses a 135x17 needle.

My thread of choice is the A&E Signature 100% Cotton Machine Thread. It's super smoooooth ;)

I think its safe to say that this thread has taken a "very wrong" detour. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back