Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had this lady in the other day for a shoot, and decided to play around a little. I was going for something like a modern take on 40s Hollywood. Not really sure if I made it or not. Thoughts/suggestions/critique greatly appreciated (I know there's still some work to do on the skin retouching).
Kathryn.jpg

Had this lady in the other day for a shoot, and decided to play around a little. I was going for something like a modern take on 40s Hollywood. Not really sure if I made it or not. Thoughts/suggestions/critique greatly appreciated (I know there's still some work to do on the skin retouching).
Kathryn.jpg

I think she's gorgeous. You really gave it the 40's feel! A little glow on the face would make it "POP"! Great! I like it!

Kathryn.jpg

I think she's gorgeous. You really gave it the 40's feel! A little glow on the face would make it "POP"! Great! I like it!
Also, the short lighting worked very well for this image. :)

I really really like this. My only nitpick is the poor girl is covered in goosebumps on that arm. lol

I got so excited when I read this title and I was not dissapointed when I opened the thread. I adore this style, and you've really pulled it off as far as I am concerned. Would you be willing to share your lighting setup with me?

nice shot. like the look.

You did an excellent job. Just lovely!

Kathryn.jpg

Kathryn.jpg

Thanks! ('though to be 100% honest, in this case the short lighting was totally accidental! :lol: )
I'm posting color and you're posting black and white?? What is going on????

This is lovely!
Thanks Lenore!

I really really like this. My only nitpick is the poor girl is covered in goosebumps on that arm. lol
Thanks... that's the bit of skin work still outstanding! ;)

I got so excited when I read this title and I was not dissapointed when I opened the thread. I adore this style, and you've really pulled it off as far as I am concerned. Would you be willing to share your lighting setup with me?
Thank-you! :)
Lighting_diagram.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks Rick!

It looks great! And thanks for posting the lighting set up, I have never used lights, but some day when I do this kinda stuff will help! :)

Kathryn.jpg

Kathryn.jpg

Thanks! ('though to be 100% honest, in this case the short lighting was totally accidental! :lol: )
I'm posting color and you're posting black and white?? What is going on????

This is lovely!
Thanks Lenore!

Thanks... that's the bit of skin work still outstanding! ;)

Thank-you! :)
Lighting_diagram.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks Rick!

I love flawless accidents! :)

Agree that the short lighting works very well with this shot, accidental or not. The only nit I might offer is for her to have turned her nose slightly to her right, getting the far eye closer to the edge of her face for a more true representation of the 2/3 mask head position.

Agree that the short lighting works very well with this shot, accidental or not. The only nit I might offer is for her to have turned her nose slightly to her right, getting the far eye closer to the edge of her face for a more true representation of the 2/3 mask head position.
Good point, thanks! I may have one with a better head position; I've not really been through the set yet. I chose this one because there was soemthing about the expression I liked.

Most reactions

Back