$450 to spend on a Camera and have no clue what to get.

Dr_Totenkopf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hay guys I'm getting a $450-500 bonus from work and I am wanting to get a DSLR. I know i can't really get a nice brand new camera for four hundred fifty bucks. So i open to buying a used, refurbished, or older model DSLR. But I want your input on the matter.

I'll sell you my a350+Meike Grip for $200. PM me if interested.

Maybe something used from the Canon Rebel lineup? and a cheap start lens. Is there a possibility of spending more on top of the bonus you are receiving? Also, is that before or after taxes, lol.

Maybe something used from the Canon Rebel lineup? and a cheap start lens. Is there a possibility of spending more on top of the bonus you are receiving? Also, is that before or after taxes, lol.

It should be $500 i say 450 to compensate for taxes which i don't know how much they will take out. And yes i kind of plan to spend maybe and extra $100-150 depending on my budget to for the month.

Really depends on what you plan on shooting. If your looking to just take pictures then you can get something like a t2i with a kit lens or even a t1i with a kit lens and take some nice shots. My brother has a t1i and it works good.

You can also get something like a 50D which is a little bit of a step up and it takes great photos. That will push your budget at its max point though but is an awesome canon body.

You can also get something like a 50D which is a little bit of a step up and it takes great photos. That will push your budget at its max point though but is an awesome canon body.

You can barely, just barely, get the body only at the $500 range. Now you need a lens and a memory card.

I'd say get the best body you can, and use it for motivation to save for a lens. Skimping is a bad idea.

^^ if he's willing to go down to 10mp, there is also the 40D.

I second KEH.

They are a great company with really conservative condition ratings. They have a great return policy as well.

JAC526 said:
I second KEH.

They are a great company with really conservative condition ratings. They have a great return policy as well.

Agreed. I have bought a bunch off them.

mjhoward said:
You can barely, just barely, get the body only at the $500 range. Now you need a lens and a memory card.

That's true. Good point.

I just got an a700 for $350, though this is a pretty decent deal. They usually run about $400-500. Though you can get some Minolta kit lenses for less than $100.

I picked up a Lumix DMC ZS 19 for around $325 and it does a lot of things well.

Most reactions

Back