52 week photo project

Decided I'd catch up with you guys, here are the shots I got.

This is my romance shot, life tastes better with a little romance =)

This is my music shot, the last song I played in the jazz club with the last pick that I used and my jazzy hat.

This is my colors shot, the Burger King crown reminds childhood, which is, normally, a colorful period.

This is my growth shot, growing up meant leaving my cleats behind for me, although I think the shot is weak it has meaning for me (the whole unfocused thing was meant to represent how we feel when we grow up, which is, lost).

This is my sleep shot, sometimes you give up some hours of sleep to finish something, this is the case more often than not for me.

Hope you like what I've got, working on my next week shot!

I couldn't decide between 2 photos that I had for Spirit this week, so I'll share them both.

1. f4.5, 1/200, ISO 100, 55mm, Av, RAW

IMG_0720c by asvphotos, on Flickr

2.f5.0, 1/250, ISO 200, 47.5mm (also taken on my old Canon Powershot while going down the Interstate at 80mph)

IMG_4244a by asvphotos, on Flickr

And to answer the equipment question. I have a Canon T2i with lenses 18-55mm, 55-250mm, & 50mm.

I definitely prefer the second one although I think it's a little over exposed. I took the liberty to play around with it a little in Photoshop. The shadows are little more defined and help with the texture.

6825453705_5cb6cd934b_z.jpg
[/URL] Church -BW Fix by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks. I do like your rendition, bu I personally feel that it's a little too dark.

Last edited:
NebraskaNewGirl said:
Thanks. I do like your rendition, bu I personally feel that it's a little too dark.

That's fine too ;)

The important thing is that you like or image.

JWellman said:
An old post (See here) but I'm still using the same equipment. I'm leaning towards upgrading to the Mark II in the near future.

May not be the same equipment for this challenge.

Nevermind. I'm dumb... So what's new?

I misunderstood. I thought she said the equipment question was an old post. I then said it may not be the same...

Now that I had time to view her link I understand. Lol

Last edited:
^^^^^^Where's your color for the other thread? lol

I had a hard time coming up with something for this one, I decided on trying to go with high "spirit"ed but came off looking more like mean "spirit"ed. Regardless how could I improve this? I know that’s a vague question but I would love to improve I just don’t know where to start.
Hand held
Exposure 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 39 mm
ISO Speed 1600
Flash On Camera, Fired

Untitled by b1barker, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back