52 week photo project

naptime said:
ok. our new digitals showed up today. so i can finally get back into the swing here !!

What did you get?

naptime said:
ok. our new digitals showed up today. so i can finally get back into the swing here !!

What did you get?
YAY! And BTW, this topic is useless without photos!!!!! :lmao:

I worked on the "veggie" topic today and will try to edit tomorrow. I'll be adding my photo a few days early since I'm going to be buried in work the next several days. :er:

That's awesome. I've been keeping up with you. Well not stalker style but I have noticed your posts saying what equipment you've bought...

LOL...thanks! Both for taking an interest, AND for not being creepy about it. :lol:

...saying what equipment you've bought. I didn't know about the 55-300 though.
That one wasn't planned. Another TPF'er PM'ed me and asked if I was interested, and since a better telephoto was on the list for the next 6 months and it was a really good price, I jumped on it. It may delay getting a flash by a month or so, but I'm looking for a decent deal on a used one anyway, and it takes time to find one. By the time I find a decent used SB700, I should be able to afford it.

Well, I've been avoiding this thread ALL week, because I knew what I wanted to do for "Spirit," but I just knew there would be a ton of similar ones, and it would make me change my mind. I was surprised to get on and find that, in fact, nobody has posted a similar "Spirit" photo.

First, the pre-photo apology/explanation: I never successfully got this photo the way I really wanted it, but I'm swamped with work and don't have time to keep working on it, plus one of the items is something I'm about to mail to my sister, so I need to get it finished. I tried this several times at home but could never get a good lighting situation for it (I've loaned my "studio" lights out to my church, so I have absolutely nothing at home to use except the ceiling lights...). I finally gave up and brought everything to work with me, where the lighting isn't as harsh.

I still ended up with too much glare, and was never really pleased with the overall composition. But I DO love the topic!!
So, here it is, me showing my "Spirit"--Go Big Orange!

Lol. I too am looking to get a flash. I posted a thread about flash recommendations in te beginner section. Why do you have your eye on the SB700? Is that what I should look forward to?

I too have been avoiding the topic of spirit. Been super busy. I opt out of the spirit week.

Lol. I too am looking to get a flash. I posted a thread about flash recommendations in te beginner section. Why do you have your eye on the SB700? Is that what I should look forward to?

In order to not hijack the challenge thread, I found your flash thread and posted my comments there. I may yet change my mind and NOT get the SB700 just now; I keep going back and forth on it. I just wish I understand flashes better, so I would feel more confident about what to get.

I've found this a bit late but could I still join in?

EHi Nap, I was missing this thread, nice ongoing results! I did my one-a-week project last year, so no much willing to redo, but maybe some theme will attract me temporarily... ;)

Better early than late? :raisedbrow: Busy week coming up so I'm jumping the gun on the veggies!

sm4him said:
In order to not hijack the challenge thread, I found your flash thread and posted my comments there. I may yet change my mind and NOT get the SB700 just now; I keep going back and forth on it. I just wish I understand flashes better, so I would feel more confident about what to get.

It's ok to high jack with side topics. There's not much daily action on this thread.

Better early than late? :raisedbrow: Busy week coming up so I'm jumping the gun on the veggies!

Beautiful! I love all the vibrant colors! Though, in the carrots especially, there is not a lot of detail...Don't know if the contrast is just to high on them or what. I really like this picture though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back