52 week photo project

naptime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toledotees.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, this was discussed in the beginners section. so, for those interested, let's get started.

we're starting a little late, but who cares, i'm gonna back it up a little and anyone that wants to back up to week 1, go for it.

each week, we'll do a theme. you can interpret the theme however you like and post your photo that applies.

it's not my intention for this to be a contest. but rather for people to get out and shoot. personally i have missed a lot of shots because i didn't know what to go out and shoot. or i think about shooting the same thing all the time.

we'll begin/end each week on a Friday.

i don't think the point of the project should be c&c, though, this is the photo forum, so imo it should not be discouraged. we all benefit from c&c, even if it's on someone else s photo. but, can we keep it civil?

i'll post the first several themes. if anyone has ideas for themes please send them to me, and i'll add to the list.

but for now..

week ending: 01/06: Romance -done
week ending: 01/13: Music -done
week ending: 01/20: Colors -done
week ending: 01/27: Growth - done
week ending: 02/03: Sleep - done
week ending: 02/10: Spirit
week ending: 02/17: Vegetables
week ending: 02/24: Underneath
week ending: 03/02: Spring/Autumn
week ending: 03/09: Anger
week ending: 03/16: Temptation
week ending: 03/23: Trees
week ending: 03/30: Paradise
week ending: 04/06: Mother
week ending: 04/13: Up
week ending: 04/20: Looking In
week ending: 04/27: Party
week ending: 05/04: Family
week ending: 05/11: Water
week ending: 05/18: Shadows
week ending: 05/25: Peace

have fun !!

edited the list, added the themes from Lady Jasmine.. we are now covered through may

Last edited:
I'll do this! I've been looking for one to do, and I don't care that it's a little late! Better late than never!

I found some ideas:

Sleep
Spirit
Vegetables
Underneath
Spring/Autumn
Anger
Temptation
Trees
Growth
Mother
Up
Looking In
Party
Family
Water
Shadows
Peace

perfect! I started a thread about this at the first of the year but no one responded. I'm in! should we post here?

I'll do this! I've been looking for one to do, and I don't care that it's a little late! Better late than never!

I found some ideas:

Sleep
Spirit
Vegetables
Underneath
Spring/Autumn
Anger
Temptation
Trees
Growth
Mother
Up
Looking In
Party
Family
Water
Shadows
Peace

thanks for the additions. i'll add them to the list as well!

great idea ,are we starting with music since the first week has gone??

sorry Naptime ive now noticed it in the first post lol time to get snappin!!!!!!

OK, I already have next weeks color photo, but I have nothing for music, lol......

guess I have to go shoot something!

great idea ,are we starting with music since the first week has gone??

you choice.

you can back up to last week. or skip this week and last week, and go straight to next week.

not many rules with this one. i just wanted to have a weekly project.

personally, i'm going to go back and do romance, and music, just because i'm new, and need the practice.

This is a great idea and I'm in.

So do we post the photos on a specific day of the week?

between Friday and Friday for that week.

but here in the beginning, anyone that wants to play catch up, go for it.

i'm getting ready to post last weekend this week, tonight.

since technically, next week starts tomorrow.

I'm OCD enough that I cannot do a 52-week challenge and just skip the first two weeks. ;)

But, Romance?!?! Where am I gonna get a romance photo this dreary time of year; it's too cold for birds or the like to be showing off for each other, and I'm certainly not gonna find any romance in my home, lol...unless I can somehow work on the angle of me watching football... :lol:

QUESTION: Is your idea for the photo to be something that you actually TAKE that week? I noticed someone mention they already have next week's photo. If it were MY photo challenge, I would at least *encourage* people to only use photos they actually take the week of that particular challenge....

But it's not my challenge, it's yours. ;)

i PREFER that people take photos THAT WEEK.

in my opinion, that's the point of a photo challenge. to get you to go out and shoot something THAT WEEK. that deals with the theme.

i had LOTS of old photos i could turn to for romance. but i forced myself to find something dealing with romance today and shot that.

Most reactions

Back