52 week photo project

I love the concept, it just looks a tad underexposed.

Funny you say that because here is the exact same picture, but in Photobucket. I thought this looked very overexposed and not as crisp.

IMG_0632web.jpg

The picture you posted last, looks just like the first one. I will say this, when I'm working in Lightroom, everything looks great. When I upload them to Flickr, however, they are all underexposed...Maybe something similar happened here?

I caught a thread elsewhere along the same lines. The conclusion there was that it came down to color management in various browsers. Not sure if this is the same problem...

What is everyone working on when shooting your shots for this thread?

I'm working on creativity, framing, exposure, composition, and DOF.

thinkricky said:

That's pretty much the same things I'm working on.

I think to myself "how can I achieve this in a way that isn't obvious. What would others do and how can I do it differently?"

I like to think outside the box but still try to apply all the tangibles that make a photo great. At least that's the goal anyway.

Hello everyone! This project looks like a lot of fun and I would like to join in. I will try and play catch up. I would like to complete the challenge. Now to get busy. I will hopefully post the first four pics by the weekend.

takingpics4fun said:
Hello everyone! This project looks like a lot of fun and I would like to join in. I will try and play catch up. I would like to complete the challenge. Now to get busy. I will hopefully post the first four pics by the weekend.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your shots

takingpics4fun said:

No.

Primarily, creativity. I love doing challenges because it gets me out shooting things I don't ordinarily shoot, and having to THINK about what I'm going to create instead of just "oh look, that's pretty; I'll take a picture."

What ELSE I might work on changes each work. For instance, last week's Growth Theme--I'd shot a couple I liked with my regular lens. But then I decided to play with an old Sigma 75-300mm that I recently got (for basically nothing, as it came with a film camera body). But since I have to manually focus it on my D5100, I've been struggling a bit to nail my focus. So, I decided to use the weekly challenge to also challenge myself to nail my focus using that lens.

This week, I was hoping to hold out until my new 50mm f/18 gets here, but I may not get it in time. Besides, I'm struggling just to find something for Sleep that isn't...well, something sleeping. :lol: So, I'll probably just shoot something with my kit lens and work on the new nifty fifty for next week...

....except that I just got talked into buying a 55-300 TOO...and it'll probably be here by the weekend as well. What to do, what to do??? NEW STUFF, Hooray!

I've read something on the order of 5-6 photography books in the last three months and been spending way too much of my life here, lol. I've got so much raw, un-applied, knowledge rolling around in my head that I was starting to get paralyzed by it.

I'm using this challenge to give me something to apply all that information to and start internalizing things.

WhiskeyTango

After your insight I decided to re-process the image and this is what I was able to come up with. Thank you for bringing it up, it helped me see things a little clearer and forced me to make the image better. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist ;) )

URL], on Flickr

I really like the updated version.. The contrast between old and new is still there due to the color difference, and now the sky and new building look way better. Nicely done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back