70-200mm mk iii? Why?

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why would Canon improve one of their most nearly flawless workhorse lenses? I think the only change would be in the weight. I've never owned or even tried this lens so obviously I'm going off of reviews. But why though, anyone have thoughts in regards to this?

There's always room for improvement. Faster AF, less CA, smaller, lighter, ect. Of coarse they could just make some minor cosmetic changes and lots of people would wet themselves in anticipation to drop $$$ on the new one. Just ask Apple.

If you had the opportunity to make millioons more $$$ by adding a minor update to an existing product, wouldnt you?

? I have not heard any rumors of this?

Perhaps its color could be a bit better is the only minor improvement I could think.

gsgary said:
Who says there are ? i must say you are posting some really strange subjects lately

Oh well I thought it was something everyone knew and was waiting on, like it was announced but no one knows anything about it yet. I hope it's not a rumor, I like seeing prices go down lol

Hmm where did you get that idea from? Seems you are the only one aware of it.

m3incorp said:
Hmm where did you get that idea from? Seems you are the only one aware of it.

I've seen comments on videos, places you can buy the mk II, forums, etc. I thought it was expecting for sure but not soon so I thought it wasn't that important to people currently. Considering that you guys haven't heard the same as I have, maybe it is in fact a rumor. I still hope not though :p

are you sure you're not thinking of a nikon 70-200 vriii?

What are you talking about? The 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II was just released. I haven't even heard rumors of a third one in the works yet, but it will come. Somewhere down the road technology will advance and a newer and better one will come.

gsgary said:
Who says there are ? i must say you are posting some really strange subjects lately

Oh well I thought it was something everyone knew and was waiting on, like it was announced but no one knows anything about it yet. I hope it's not a rumor, I like seeing prices go down lol

Mk2 has only came out months ago

Are you sure you're not mixing up reports of the MKII ;)

Because the 70-200mm MKII is already on the market, only recently and is utterly fantastic. Seriously they won't be upgrading this for years to come! If they do it will only be to add minor features rather than to change the optical formula (eg Sigma are adding a few new lenses where they are adding firmwire download features - not changing the lenses properties, just re-releasing it with a few feature or two).

Most reactions

Back