A camera bag that can hold my other stuff too

Just a followup on the Kata 3N1-30 that I bought and just received. It is a fairly large bag (12.6 x 7.5 x 17.7) and it is about the size of the Lowepro Slingshot 202 (9.8 x 10.0 x 17.7). I put all of my gear (D90 and it's stuff, 18-105 & 70-300 lenses, lens cleaning kit with large rocket blaster and polarizing filter on the bottom and the side pockets and there is room to spare in them. I do have enough room to put a flash in the bottom (don't have one yet), looks as if I could put a couple of other smaller sized lenses in it as well and if I don't need to carry the D90 charger one more slot would be available for whatever. The whole top compartment has nothing in it except one of the side pockets where I stored the rain cover intrudes into the top a little. I believe the top has enough room to carry personal items such as keys, wallet, cell phone, ipod, water bottle and possibly even small items of clothing such as t shirt and gym shorts.

In the bottom it looks like it would fit the camera with a grip (smaller version might do this as well - same depth) and I have set it up to accept the D90 with the 70-300 attached (smaller version might not have been able to) for whenever that may be. Again, it is a large bag IMO; I'm 6 feet tall and large framed so it may not be suitable for a smaller person.

Just wanted to give a FYI on this now that I have it.

You should talk to my wife. She has a purse that will hold half of our house... lol.

Seriously, if you are like my wife, you can shrink your purse to almost nothing. Driver's License is all you really need out of there, with a few bucks.

Most reactions

Back