A couple from the aquarium

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice set! Penguin is a cool shot.

I've found they are surprisingly hard to shoot underwater. You can practically use a 1 second shutter speed for them on land even when they are at a "dead run" .. lol.. but dang they are quick once they hit the wet stuff.

Lot of fun though.

I like them but with the hammerhead, I would pull down the shadows to darken the water and burn it some too to make it pop a little more. I think it is a fine image, just my take on it.On the desktop not scaled down for post, some of that greenish blue is radiating around the torso and head

31207870600_e99310c3fa_oe.jpg

Seriously Jelly of that Jelly !!!!!

Did someone say Jelly ? Now I have to make some toast :(

Great set, fish are very tought (reflections, low light etc). The penguin shot is great as well, as you mentioned, quick buggers.

I like them but with the hammerhead, I would pull down the shadows to darken the water and burn it some too to make it pop a little more. I think it is a fine image, just my take on it.On the desktop not scaled down for post, some of that greenish blue is radiating around the torso and head

View attachment 131632

Thanks JC.. like I said, something about the image just bugs me.

View attachment 131632

Thanks JC.. like I said, something about the image just bugs me.
I like them all, especially the shark.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Especially like the jellyfish!

I know what you mean about the shark picture. It's quite good, but you wonder if it's just missing that little something.

We already saw an outstanding example of changing things by darkening the background, so I thought I would go the opposite direction and see if I could lighten things just a bit. I'm guessing that you were shooting your D600, as it is remarkable at capturing detail, and when I pulled out the shadows in the background, I was amazed at the detail.

IMG_4064.JPG

Most reactions

Back