A couple of recent pictures for C&C

rokclmb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
10 Ton anchor and some very large chain.
4458290643_2b558e67dc_b.jpg

Long forgotten train tracks
4458281947_9c7370480b_b.jpg

Thanks

No. 1: Nothing bad to say about it only just what I would do. The way the two anchors in the back line up is pretty neat. I would shoot them again making at a similar angle only closer to make them the subjet.

No. 2: If the horizontal ties connecting the two tracks are still there under the leaves or dirt I would try to show them. If they're even there it might be kind of hard to sweep away the leaves and dirt and still have a natural look to it. Without the ties it really doesn't look like a train track.

Both locations are pretty cool, and would be great places to shoot a model.

I think I would pick a different time of day to shoot these if you can get back to these locations. The lighting is casting some very harsh shadows. Near sunset or sunrise is usually your best bet. Both shots also seem a bit overexposed also.

For the first one, you probably want to do one of two things. Either close down your aperture more (big number) to get the entire chain in focus, or open it up more to restrict the depth of field. I think in this case, it would look better with a smaller aperture. I would also try and get more of the chain in the frame and crop out the background as much as possible. Other than that, I really like how the chain and the anchor fit together in the frame.

For #2, if you hadn't said there were tracks there, I probably would have missed them. Fill flash would have helped here as it would have helped you to properly expose the area outside of the trees as well as the area inside the trees. As it is, that corner is blown out, and there are areas with very harsh shadows. I would try some different compositions as well. Instead of being at head height, why not try to shoot this from closer to the ground? Something to think about. Not sure if that would help, but it can't hurt to try.

#1 is pretty busy. I'm not sure what the subject is. Try using a wider aperture, and focusing more sharply on the chain.

#2 without your caption, I wouldn't know that the tracks are there. Try to use lighting or angle to make them more prominent. Also, the sky in the upper right is blown out. It adds a distracting element in an undesirable position.

Thanks for your input.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back