I think I would pick a different time of day to shoot these if you can get back to these locations. The lighting is casting some very harsh shadows. Near sunset or sunrise is usually your best bet. Both shots also seem a bit overexposed also.
For the first one, you probably want to do one of two things. Either close down your aperture more (big number) to get the entire chain in focus, or open it up more to restrict the depth of field. I think in this case, it would look better with a smaller aperture. I would also try and get more of the chain in the frame and crop out the background as much as possible. Other than that, I really like how the chain and the anchor fit together in the frame.
For #2, if you hadn't said there were tracks there, I probably would have missed them. Fill flash would have helped here as it would have helped you to properly expose the area outside of the trees as well as the area inside the trees. As it is, that corner is blown out, and there are areas with very harsh shadows. I would try some different compositions as well. Instead of being at head height, why not try to shoot this from closer to the ground? Something to think about. Not sure if that would help, but it can't hurt to try.