A fun shoot with Brittnay

Her chin is riding very low in the frame. The loss of the neckwear is notable.The big, bright forehead highlight is not that pleasing.I agree with Tirediron that some eye catchlights would have been nice. And as he mentioned, and as the missing neckware comments allude to, a vertical camera orientation on this would have really helped. I like the intense expression and taut lips, and she has nice makeup and hair. She reminds me expression-wise and looks-wise of Elisabeth Moss, from the TV series Mad Men!!!

So this is her "fun" look?

Maybe if Brittnay wasn't already so pissed off, you could ask her to hold the reflector for those head shots.

I'm wondering why you didn't think to frame this shot in portrait aspect? Might have made an excellent shot in that case.

I agree about the horizon line; I think it tends to draw the viewers' eyes across the photo.

The hair looks more orange-ish in the back, and it needed to be arranged - even if it's a steam punk-ish loosely arranged style, it created a bunch of cut off lines going every which way (even tousled hair might need some arranging).

I'd think about the framing, because I agree the necklace is chopped off and you can just see the top edge of the black clothing. The expression doesn't seem to convey the look that was probably intended to go along with the hair and accessories.

lol, Thanks everyone. This is actually an almost 100% crop. The facial expression comes from the theme. We were doing a Heavy metal themed shoot. I wanted her to throw away the rule book. Definitely appreciate the comments. keep them coming.

Ron, totally agree with you on the horizon line. thanks.

Mishelle, I'm not sure she's ready for you. lol

Here's a couple more.

Brittnay-1 by うみんちゅ【海人】, on Flickr

Brittnay B&W-1 by うみんちゅ【海人】, on Flickr

Besides, everyone knows that women that look like that aren't the real freaks. It's the prissy librarian types that are the total doms. Although she might be a total sub. *

* if this is Eric's daughter/friend/relation please ignore all my comments and understand that Mish made me do it against my will.
<== gotta read the small print sometimes ...

Her chin is riding very low in the frame. The loss of the neckwear is notable.The big, bright forehead highlight is not that pleasing.I agree with Tirediron that some eye catchlights would have been nice. And as he mentioned, and as the missing neckware comments allude to, a vertical camera orientation on this would have really helped. I like the intense expression and taut lips, and she has nice makeup and hair. She reminds me expression-wise and looks-wise of Elisabeth Moss, from the TV series Mad Men!!!

I really had a tough time with the highlights. Honestly its all due to my lighting experience. I think I shot everything way too hot. I'll keep plugging away though. Thanks Derrel.

Besides, everyone knows that women that look like that aren't the real freaks. It's the prissy librarian types that are the total doms. Although she might be a total sub. *

* if this is Eric's daughter/friend/relation please ignore all my comments and understand that Mish made me do it against my will.
<== gotta read the small print sometimes ...

HAHAHA!!!! I know where I'm at. No worries.

I really like whatcha' did in the B&W shot! FUN use of the wide-angle lens. Her face and hair look fabulous in the B&W conversion!

Yep I love the B&W pic.

I'm curious too know why the right hand index finger has a black line around the top of it, it doesn't look a natural shadow, I'm not nit picking just wondering if its how it's edited?

Yep I love the B&W pic.

I'm curious too know why the right hand index finger has a black line around the top of it, it doesn't look a natural shadow, I'm not nit picking just wondering if its how it's edited?
It's from the bokeh mixed with clarity and sharpening. I just couldn't find a way to get rid of it

the third, bw pict is my favorite here

Most reactions

Back