A Mother's Journey

Yup, I know this.

...and as a parent of three, one time is enough. That is a tough story.

I looked at this essay when it came out. Strong stuff for sure.

I brought up the point last time and I will bring it up again. It is poignant story. The photos are heartfelt and they give me a feeling of love and all that stuff. Problem is that they are obvious. Of course the dying patient is going to pull on your heart strings. I think the winner would have come up with something more creative.

Love & Bass

Yes, death at the end of a terminal illness is "obvious". The photos are poignant, filled with dignity,and love, and "obvious" or not, the series was a Pulitzer Prize winning collection of photos. I thought it was heart-wrenching.
Gosh, too bad there wasn't something more creative for the Pulitzer Prize folks to consider, like maybe a clown juggler with one arm and a cross-dressing assistant functioning as his other arm. Pshaw...

Or maybe a once middle class family now homeless because of America's ailing economy. Or maybe an Olympic hopeful with Cancer who practices Skeleton racing on his hospital gurney.

My point is we need to dig deeper. I am not knocking the story. I am asking for a topic that has not been done 100 times before.

Derrel: Pshaw? I am not sure if you are making fun of my thoughts or what? Let us try and continue this discussion as adults as opposed to 3rd graders.

Love & Bass

That's definitely a journey that sucks to have to watch your mother go through.

I can see what the others are saying, but I'd have a hard time getting past this one. Real hard time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back