A question about flash for Nikon D7000

steelgrass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[h=1]Good day, :) Which is better flash for Nikon D7000? Are these flashes compatible with my Nikon D7000?

1. Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash
[/h]
2. Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
The Neewer TT560 is a manual flash unit, has no TTL capabilities, and has little more power (GN 38) than the D7000 pop-up flash, which is why it costs less than $50. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/40862851
Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite For Canon/Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

The Yongnuo YN-560 II has more power (GN 58), and a few more features which is why it costs a bit more. http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012/04/09/review-yongnuo-560-ex-ii-flash-for-canon-and-nikon/

I would get the YN-560 II. Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.

Last edited:

cptkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have the 560 II. Good starting speedlight.

raventepes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon just announced the new SB-300. On paper, it looks promising, though it's relatively low power in comparison to some units. But it's only going for $150...

Could be something to look into. Personally I tend to stick with mostly Nikon products, as 3rd party are all reverse engineered and may not work properly, depending on the company.

MOREGONE

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I believe the Newer and the YN are the same product. But the YN has advanced to the II and now III where the Neewer looks like the OG YN 560.

I have the YN560-II and it has been an awesome flash for me!

If you need TTL look to the 468 I believe, $90 for a TTL flash isnt bad and will whoop the SB300 IMO.

jrizal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The SB-300 seems like a marginal upgrade to the SB-400 if there is one at all. I'd rather put my money on a YN-565/568 TTL flash.

The Neewer (Godox rebranded) is the cheapest decent manual flash around. But the YN-560 series II or III offer better features including an lcd display (a must for some people). The YN-565/568 are TTL flash units but go for around $150. Still IMO the latter would still be better than the SB-300/400 Nikon flashes.

Edit 8/8/13 I forgot to mention that the Neewer also doesn't have a zoom (not even manual). But it is the best speedlight you can purchase for $40.

But for $60, I'd got for the YN. http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-560-Speedlight-Flash-Nikon/dp/B0079M711S/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Last edited:
OP
steelgrass

steelgrass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for your replies everyone :)

gregtallica

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Just to chime in and hopefully help out (if you haven't already decided), most people in the Nikon forum will say "NIKON ONLY," but... it is a Nikon Forum. And they do make great flashes.

I went with the Yongnuo. So far it's seriously excellent. I'm slowly learning through trial and error how to work with mine, and I always use it on manual. I've used the TTL a little and am trying to use it as a slave off camera with my camera's flash firing it off. I'm not sure how it works, I'm slowly trying to get it all down just by playing with it. It's a solid flash, and as a beginner, it's definitely more than I need - but so worth the price.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics