a reflection

I stared at it a while. It's interesting, but I'm not sure I can articulate what kept me looking.

I like when it takes me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. My eye first went to the tree and the two people walking and then it got pulled into the foreground. When my eye finally fell on the camera strap, actually, was when I suddenly said, "Ohhhh, I get it now!"

I can't decide if it would look better straightened a bit, or with some perspective correction. The slanted window sill in the bottom is a bit distracting but not too much. And if it were my photo, I might play around with cloning out the door handle at the left.

I stared at it a while. It's interesting, but I'm not sure I can articulate what kept me looking.

yeah, I do understand :)

I like when it takes me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. My eye first went to the tree and the two people walking and then it got pulled into the foreground. When my eye finally fell on the camera strap, actually, was when I suddenly said, "Ohhhh, I get it now!"

I can't decide if it would look better straightened a bit, or with some perspective correction. The slanted window sill in the bottom is a bit distracting but not too much. And if it were my photo, I might play around with cloning out the door handle at the left.

I like when you have something to read in a photo.

I know what you mean. I tried to straighten but then I lose much of the "important things" shapes.

As for the door handle, I hate it. I'm going to loose it right now :)

oh noooooo.......

here it is.... I just had to take the door handle out of there....

Well, I usually don't comment on published pictures...but I visited the whole string of photo's coming with them, natural, no nonsense and then got to the pictures of that child which reminded me of that famous picture from National Geographic "the Afghan Girl" by Steve McCurry where the haunting eyes protrude..couldn't resist making a compliment then: because you managed to catch THE moment

Well, I usually don't comment on published pictures...but I visited the whole string of photo's coming with them, natural, no nonsense and then got to the pictures of that child which reminded me of that famous picture from National Geographic "the Afghan Girl" by Steve McCurry where the haunting eyes protrude..couldn't resist making a compliment then: because you managed to catch THE moment

I'm very much flattered.
Someone else told me exactly what you told me now. I'm glad you truly saw her and decided to comment. Thanks!

Well-done Maria! I love the multiple "depth planes" that this shot shows us. Good timing and frame positioning of the two walking figures. Reflection shots have long entranced both photographers and photo-viewers, and I absolutely LOVE the "EOS 6D" reflection from the camera strap. Like the old-time nokiN reflections, the reversed EOS 6D identifies the camera, AND firmly places the shot into the modern, digital era. The windows look old-timey, and the way the trees reflect above the window frame is nice. Based on your jacket, the shot could have been made anywhere from the 1970's to today, but the EOS 6D reflection provides a very strong time clue. I really think this is a fun, good reflection shot!

Well-done Maria! I love the multiple "depth planes" that this shot shows us. Good timing and frame positioning of the two walking figures. Reflection shots have long entranced both photographers and photo-viewers, and I absolutely LOVE the "EOS 6D" reflection from the camera strap. Like the old-time nokiN reflections, the reversed EOS 6D identifies the camera, AND firmly places the shot into the modern, digital era. The windows look old-timey, and the way the trees reflect above the window frame is nice. Based on your jacket, the shot could have been made anywhere from the 1970's to today, but the EOS 6D reflection provides a very strong time clue. I really think this is a fun, good reflection shot!

Thanks Derrel! I completely agree with you :)

That wooden cabin was right next to the lake I photographed the other day.

And those two guys actually live near the lake. When I was driving by their houses I guess they decided to go for a walk to see what the hell am I doing there. I heard one of them saying: "Oh, she is taking pictures". They stood there for a while and when they got bored to look at me photographing, they passed by and I caught them in the relection.

I like how there's really a lot of different things happening in this photo, but it doesn't seem crowded or that there's too much. There's a lot to explore, and a lot to stop and think about. Great work.

Thanks minicoop, I completely agree with you too ;)

I'm struggling with selfportrais. It's really difficult to come up with something. This was just easy...like everything was put together in a second.

Most reactions

Back