A slight pickle, what to rent?

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So going on a work trip and am renting one lens for one thing and figured I take the opportunity to try another. The purpose is to photograph completed construction projects, so think bridges and buildings. I would try to get people photos on the side.

I am trying to decide between the 24-70 2.8 or the 70-200 2.8. Now I have the f/4 version of the 70-200 so I got that covered. But I am dying to try the 2.8. On the other hand the 24-70 is also a super lens but again I have the focal range covered with primes. Plus I rarely find myself shooting in that range. But if I could not bring 3 lenses that would be nice too.

So which would you rent?

Well, I'm currently saving my pennies for the 70-200 2.8 so I'm kinda leaning towards that if I were you.. lol BUT I think it would maybe make more sense to do the 24-70 since you've got the f/4 70-200 already.

Personally, I think you'd benefit from something wider. The 17-40 or 16-35. Especially if you are shooting bridges.

Plus, are you shooting full frame or crop? This will make a difference in how wide you'll need to get.

Sorry, full frame. I do have the 17-40mm f/4 L. for my wide shots.

tilt shift.

I think he was serious

would be good for buildings from what I've read/seen.

If you are doing bridges and buildings I would think WA. Unless you are taking a photo from a far distance.
I can't see using 200mm for a tall building.

I think he was serious

would be good for buildings from what I've read/seen.

If you are doing bridges and buildings I would think WA. Unless you are taking a photo from a far distance.
I can't see using 200mm for a tall building.
A tilt/shift is an ideal lens for photographing architecture/structure. I agree, you're unlikely to use the 70-200 for that sort of thing, and if you've already got the 24-70 range covered... That said, a T/S is NOT something you pick up, slap on the camera and start shooting with. It does require some familiarization and practice.

I think he just wants to have a kewl lens to play with :)

A tilt/shift is an ideal lens for photographing architecture/structure. That said, a T/S is NOT something you pick up, slap on the camera and start shooting with. It does require some familiarization and practice.

it can also make a really cool portrait lens.

I think he just wants to have a kewl lens to play with :)
There's not much cooler than a T/S in the lens world, except maybe for an 800mm f5.6....

A tilt/shift is an ideal lens for photographing architecture/structure. That said, a T/S is NOT something you pick up, slap on the camera and start shooting with. It does require some familiarization and practice.

it can also make a really cool portrait lens.
It does too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back