A SMALL, QUIET LAKE

Jacob Ben Avraham

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a small, quiet lake that is across the drainage canal at a nearby park. The stillness allows the sun to reflect the trees into the water. Reminds me of the shepherds that would take their sheep to still, quiet waters to drink. (Houston, TX) taken with "Samsung" digital camera WB150F
SAM_1590.JPG

Yes, peaceful, quiet, and HOT! who knows what creatures are beneath these chocolate waters? snakes? alligators?, snapping turtles?, The Creature from the Black Lagoon?, wouldn't want to swim here.

..........who knows what creatures are beneath these chocolate waters? snakes? alligators?, snapping turtles?, The Creature from the Black Lagoon?, wouldn't want to swim here.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the still, murky waters. Not very inviting but well shot.

Nice pic but I wouldn't swim in that, it looks dirty and very warm which could harbor that brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri.

I think shooting it closer to sunrise or sunset and/or getting a more interesting sky would help this scene a lot. As currently composed, the water just comes off as brown. Altering the time of day can create a better look for the water.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back