A trip to the nature park *spiders*

For some reason, I have an urge to step on something after looking at the pix in this thread.

Go find a pasture... and have fun! Spllllaaatt! kill a Cow patty for me! lol!

blackrose89 said:
Thanks! I thought about cloning out what's in his face, but I really think it adds to the photo.

Haha that funny bc I was just gonna post that, that thing (grass) is driving me nuts hahahah lol! To each their own ;)

Realistically, with enough practice on knowledge, is this kind of detail in reach with what I have?[/QUOTE]

Rose.. I have seen some good shots with a camera like that... and have done some myself. But keep in mind, that a full DSLR with a specialized lens, and a large powerful flash with a diffuser... will always have the capability to capture an image more precisely than a camera without those features.

But yes.. you could get close... practice, practice and more practice! :)

Realistically, with enough practice on knowledge, is this kind of detail in reach with what I have?

Rose.. I have seen some good shots with a camera like that... and have done some myself. But keep in mind, that a full DSLR with a specialized lens, and a large powerful flash with a diffuser... will always have the capability to capture an image more precisely than a camera without those features.

But yes.. you could get close... practice, practice and more practice! :)

There is a reason that I endorse Gipson.
Even tho he is not my son. lol

LOL! I need to step up my game!!!! I wanna partake in all of the Lightspeed, Gispon rivalry :p

LOL! I need to step up my game!!!! I wanna partake in all of the Lightspeed, Gispon rivalry :p

The young feller is steering you in the right direction.
Dude knows his stuff.

You might take a look at Mr. Scraig too.
He's another fine feller , here.

I better not answer that because he'll want to go to school too.
I have too many priorities to send him and Gipson both to school.

Like women..........fast cars, motorcycles....and this.
I can't afford any kids. lol

I better not answer that because he'll want to go to school too.I have too many priorities to send him and Gipson both to school.Like women..........fast cars, motorcycles....and this. I can't afford any kids. lol
Lol

A trip to the nature park. *warning* Spiders! Let's try this again, I just posted in the wrong forum lol. I deleted the previous info on the last post.

#1 An "Orb Weaver" walking down his web. I decided to take an excerpt from Lightspeed's "How to Book" and he is facing the wrong way!

Orb Weaver by blackrose1981, on Flickr

I won't comment on macro techniques or spiders as that has been adequately covered by Gibson and LS, but because you pointed me to this thread, I'll make some general composition comments that might give you something to think about.... or not. :)

Not knowing much at all about spiders, #1 is not doing anything for me. I wouldn't know it was a spider had you not told me. So I basically have to look at it as "something" in a spider web. Certainly someone who knows spiders will get more out of it than I. The red color always strengthens the subject so I think the size of the... SOW.... works. But if it's an animal, I want to see eyes. I'm also not fond of the sand in the web. I realize this is not something you have control over without damaging the web, but because they are soft, especially toward the lower left of the frame, bothers me. Perhaps if they were tack-sharp and glistening in the light....

White-backed Garden Spider by blackrose1981, on Flickr

I think this is a stronger shot. The form is readily identifiable to me (a spider layman) and there are some striking lines and angles there. The subject is well separated from the background and I think the brown sticks(?) in the background contribute to keeping the eye in the frame. I'm not sure I look seeing the underside of the spider, but it still looks pretty good.

#3 a squirrel hiding in foilage, sorta. I'm not sure if I'm going to something about what's in his face yet, I kinda like the foilage/hiding feel this adds..

DSCN0256.jpg

The white balance is on the blue side. Remember that eye level is usually more interesting because it's not a perspective we are used to seeing. This would be a stronger image imo if you were on the ground shooting level straight at him. Watch the foreground. Those two twigs are effectively cutting him into three parts. Finally, all the green is really jumping out at me but the squirrel is quite subdued as far as color goes. You might want to back off the saturation on the green channel and maybe even do some light burning so that the squirrel holds more weight in the image.

#4 A lone feather. I found this lone feather along this really long trail. Love the detail and the way it contrasted with the ground.

Lone feather by blackrose1981, on Flickr

Not bad. The highlights appear to have lost some detail. I like that you got down low. I like that you composed the feather on a diagonal which makes the image more 'exciting' than horizontal or vertical. It has a good feel to it. It doesn't give me any strong feelings, but it holds my attention well enough.

This was an accident. But technically a *first* self portrait lol. (not really meant for CC).

DSCN0267.jpg

Awsome.

Sauce.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back