Abbey

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.timothymillerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been here in a while so I thought I would drop by and see what was going on. I've mostly been doing infant portraits and architectural photography this winter. But here is one from a senior session I did a little while back. Yeah, I know it's a tight crop - that's me and it's what I like. Otherwise, any thoughts?

$DB5A2931s.jpg

Nice to see you back Timothy. She is just lovely. Nicely captured.

Beautiful girl. Most modern-era digital retouchers would make her teeth an unrealistic, blinding, dazzling white shade, no matter what they looked like in reality. I think the highlight on her hair is just a bit too hot to be optimal...if possibly, I might pull that highlight down maybe 1/2 to 2/3 stop, if the file has enough headroom for that much highlight recovery. I think this shot could also be cropped even more tightly at the top. You could also I suppose, clone or smooth away the few flyaway hairs at the very top left area. Or not. They don't bother me too much, but I know some people go into orbit over flyaway hairs. I mention these things just because in today's "all-digital" world, a lot of people insist on representing people with a simply fanatical level of "perfection", which, while not my style, **is** expected by some people.

One thing I think I would do is to take a soft-edged brush about 35 pixels in diameter and just sort of halfway remove the under-eye creases with a low-flow, low-opacity swipe of two or three of the clone tool, not eliminating the under-eye wrinkles but leaving them there, but reduced by a significant amount. If you remove them entirely, it will not look like "her", but she will look even more glamorous.

Beautiful girl. Most modern-era digital retouchers would make her teeth an unrealistic, blinding, dazzling white shade, no matter what they looked like in reality. I think the highlight on her hair is just a bit too hot to be optimal...if possibly, I might pull that highlight down maybe 1/2 to 2/3 stop, if the file has enough headroom for that much highlight recovery. I think this shot could also be cropped even more tightly at the top. You could also I suppose, clone or smooth away the few flyaway hairs at the very top left area. Or not. They don't bother me too much, but I know some people go into orbit over flyaway hairs. I mention these things just because in today's "all-digital" world, a lot of people insist on representing people with a simply fanatical level of "perfection", which, while not my style, **is** expected by some people.

I think the teeth could be less yellow without being silly.

I think the teeth could be less yellow without being silly.

$DB5A2931sa.jpg

Well, other than the fact that I fully expected to see a photo of some huge cathedral-type building in this thread...

…I was honestly quite surprised and confused to see a portrait and it took me at least a full second to suddenly think, "OH! Abbey, like a PERSON, not like Westminster!!" :lmao:

What a doofus. :D

Anyway. Yeah, nice portrait. Beautiful. I'd nitpick some little detail, except I can't really find anything I don't like about this. :D

Thanks for all the comments. Yeah, I probably could have whitened her teeth a bit more. I try to err on the side of realism - maybe I erred too much?

Actually, I think I did pretty well with her teeth considering this is what I started with...
$DB5A2931sbt.jpg

I'm going to hope she never stumbles across that. My goodness! Lol I agree with runnahs teeth edit. Lovely girl,sweet pose and yes a bit tightly cropped I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back