What's new

Abstract? - does it qualify?

That must have been a very energetic fire-fly!
 
That must have been a very energetic fire-fly!
Not only that, it must have an autopilot to fly such an exact pattern. :lmao:
I would rethink the compo. IMO too much of a BG, especially from the bottom.
 
That must have been a very energetic fire-fly!
Not only that, it must have an autopilot to fly such an exact pattern. :lmao:
I would rethink the compo. IMO too much of a BG, especially from the bottom.

It was that herding thing to make sure that I kept it in the frame.
 
I saw the picture earlier today, and could not tell what it was, so yes, it is definitely an abstract.
 
If we know it is long shutter, lights shot from a moving vehicle, is it no longer abstract?

A better question may be, is this image compelling?
 
If we know it is long shutter, lights shot from a moving vehicle, is it no longer abstract?

A better question may be, is this image compelling?

nice guess BJ, but it was not shot from a moving vehicle.
 
Looks like that firefly was a biologist in its past life.
 
Chaos does have predictable patterns
There's multiple similar repeated patterns throughout, though I have no idea what it is.
What is interesting is that in many segments it looks like it's Pulsating, though that could be movement towards the camera
what's also odd is it looks like there were some segments edited out in the lower middle.

I still have no idea what it is ...
 
Chaos does have predictable patterns
There's multiple similar repeated patterns throughout, though I have no idea what it is.
What is interesting is that in many segments it looks like it's Pulsating, though that could be movement towards the camera
what's also odd is it looks like there were some segments edited out in the lower middle.

I still have no idea what it is ...

Nothing was edited out of it. It is the lights on top of the dam at one of the local lakes. A friend and I were shooting below it that evening and as we were walking out, we both hand held the camera and left the shutter open as we were walking.

It did create a pattern for me, I guess maybe I held my camera a little too steady as I walked.
 
Nothing was edited out of it. It is the lights on top of the dam at one of the local lakes. A friend and I were shooting below it that evening and as we were walking out, we both hand held the camera and left the shutter open as we were walking.

It did create a pattern for me, I guess maybe I held my camera a little too steady as I walked.
Honestly you fooled me :lmao: ! Never trust a photograph !
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom