Advice and thoughts on a new telephoto lens

DMP000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Am in the market for a lens for my Nikon D600, so I do not need a motorized lens for autofocus. I bought a 70-300mm and just wasn't too impressed with the results. I shoot such a variety it is hard to pinpoint exactly what a specific purpose would be but I would say wildlife, my dogs, some birds, as well as travel, hiking and backpacking. I was considering the 80-400mm but not sure about the new vs old and if the updated price is worth the difference. I'm open to different brands as well just want sharp and good light with range. Thanks in advance for any input.

Hey DMP, welcome to the forum. You might want to check out the new Tamron 150-600. They are still hard to come buy. I borrowed a friends D600 a little while ago and the lens performed really well on the D600. It weighs about 4# which is a touch heavier than the Nikon, but it is $1500 less. Here are a few samples I took...

Sparrow 5_28 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

This was high ISO at 6400
Goose in flight by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_29 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

There are more samples here with the D600... https://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/sets/72157644890515852/

Wow, incredible Flickr pictures! I will look it up now and let you know what I think.

How did you even get one as they all look to be preorder status still?

Do those birds come with the lenses? All i am able to capture are pigeons.

man, i really want that lens...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back