After David Williams

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the opportunity to attend the David Williams Seminar. He's fantastic. If you ever get a chance to go to one, Go!

Anyhoo, applying some of the shallow dof technique to some new engagment photos.
All these were shot with a 50mm at 1.4 on a Canon 5D/no flash:

Becky005.jpg

Becky016.jpg

Becky008.jpg

It was a challenge but I really liked the clarity. :)

I really love the first one, nice work.

The last one is a bit too bright, too much glow...IMO.

David Williams... I'm so jealous. He's definitely on my list of "must sees". Any chance you'll be in San Antonio for DWFU2 next month? hint hint

I really like #1. #2 is good but does her head look a little big? I think it might be her hair. I love #3 and think it's the best of the 3 IMHO. The processing works but I might consider minimizing the action you used (radiant people?).

#3 all the way!!!!!!!! That has such a different feel to it but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first one is just stunning! Colors, pose, darkened corners, facial expression... everything fits together nicely. I have no idea who David Williams is but if this is what you get if you go after him, then wow!

I don't care much for the bamboo in the second picture, but it's also nice.

The third one is very interesting due to the positioning of the subjects. The glow thing works nicely too, I only wish her nose and lower lip were a little better defined. But other than that I like it. I don't mind radiant people. Theres nothing like a radiant smile! ;)

Thanks guys. I was kinda torn on the third as well. :) Yeah, PG, David Williams was something else! Soo much to think about and work towards.

This series has a lot of liquify on it. He is quite a bit smaller in body size than she is, but I couldn't squish her head too much without it become noticable, so I squished her some, and broadened him some to make it more suble.
Thanks for looking!

Most reactions

Back