What's new

Air show pics!!!

black_z

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Location
Mooresville, NC
Spent a week in Las Vegas and went to the air show at Nellis Air Force Base! Coolest thing I have EVER seen! :)

You might have to scroll to the right if you have a small monitor.

1.
1.jpg



2.
2.jpg



3.
4.jpg



4.
2-1.jpg


Panning shot FTW!!!
5.
2-2.jpg



6.
3.jpg



7.
4-1.jpg



8.
1-1.jpg



9.
2-3.jpg
 
Windyplains04 said:
Very nice pics! what kind of settings were you using?

Yes i'd like to know too must of been a fast shutter to get some pics like that :hail:great stuff 1 is my fave I think :)
 
HOLY FREAKING COW

A seafury, skyraider, F18 and a Bearcat?? all in one shot!!!
stunning

even better
A F22, F16, F15 and a P51 all in the same frame
I'm starting to dribble


bit of a guess but it looks like about 500th of a second on most of the prop plane shots and about 100th of a second on the Osprey
 
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

SH!!!T THERE AMAZING!!

Number 1,5 and 9 are out of this world!!
Please do tell what camera/lens and setting you where using!???
 
lostprophet said:
HOLY FREAKING COW

A seafury, skyraider, F18 and a Bearcat?? all in one shot!!!
stunning

even better
A F22, F16, F15 and a P51 all in the same frame
I'm starting to dribble


bit of a guess but it looks like about 500th of a second on most of the prop plane shots and about 100th of a second on the Osprey







You know your stuff! :)


1/80 on the panning shot of the "Oracle" plane and the Osprey. and around 1000 +/- on the others.

I have some more I'll put up in a bit. :)
 
lee_M said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

SH!!!T THERE AMAZING!!

Number 1,5 and 9 are out of this world!!
Please do tell what camera/lens and setting you where using!???

Thanks! :)

Canon 300D with a cheap ass Quantaray 70-300. But I tell you, to be so cheap it doesn't take bad pics at all!
 
black_z said:
You know your stuff! :)

Well I have been to one or two airshows :biglaugh::biglaugh:
 
I don't get your joke? You in the military, or a pilot perhaps?! :)

Or, you've shot TONS of them?
 
15,16 & 17 are just AWESOME

as for my joke.... I've been to 17 airshows and 2 media days in the last *cough* 2 years :lol:
 
Excellent shots you have there!

If I were that P51 driver, I would be very, very, nervous being in front like that. Grandma in a buick on the freeway :)
 
LOVE the very first shot where the plane itself divides the pictures into a sharp and blurry side. GREAT!







pascal
 
I love numbers 1 and 4 and I wish you had shot 7 at 1/60th!

Great shots
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom