Alien

The tag line for Alien is something like "In space nobody hears you scream" or something. But there's an early scene where the space ship flies over and there's a low rumbling sound effect. Well, since space is vacuum, no one hears you scream, therefore there shouldn't be the rumble sound from the space ship.

Just sayin'... got that from my intro to films class in college.

Thus far I think the only Sci-fi I've seen that did "real" space audio has been Firefly the TV series and the Serenity film (though the film makes one or two risky bloopers). I think that film with HAL might have done it too - but that film -- urgh.... I think it was only popular when shown in 3D ;)

The tag line for Alien is something like "In space nobody hears you scream" or something. But there's an early scene where the space ship flies over and there's a low rumbling sound effect. Well, since space is vacuum, no one hears you scream, therefore there shouldn't be the rumble sound from the space ship.

Just sayin'... got that from my intro to films class in college.

Very common movie goof.. seen Independence Day where the alien armada is coming over the moon? I use that scene to show people what my subwoofer will do... shakes the whole house! lol!

You have a smart technically advanced being with a moral code vs the ultimate adapter with powerful natural abilities and superior numbers. One of the aliens most powerful abilities is their method of propagation. They can adapt to pretty much any environment since they take on the traits of the native species (another cool scifi monster btw, sorry ADD moment) and can produce many soldiers quickly. That is why Alien 4 had one of the dumbest endings in the history of the universe.

Netskimmer said:
You have a smart technically advanced being with a moral code vs the ultimate adapter with powerful natural abilities and superior numbers. One of the aliens most powerful abilities is their method of propagation. They can adapt to pretty much any environment since they take on the traits of the native species (another cool scifi monster btw, sorry ADD moment) and can produce many soldiers quickly. That is why Alien 4 had one of the dumbest endings in the history of the universe.

Aliens 3, 4 doesn't exist

Alien Resurrection. Or are you saying that you choose not to acknowledge their existence within your universe due to them sucking?

Anyway, funny story, after watching alien for the first time, I was about 8 or 9, I went to my room to go to bed. My room was pitch black and the family cat (black, naturally) had gone in there and decided it would be a good idea to jump on my chest as I entered the room. Yeah, no sleep for me that night! :lol:

Oh the ending?
I've always found the starting premise for the 4th film to be somewhat weaker - mostly because of the whole poor excuse they made to get Sigorny and the Aliens back in the film (that said I do like the character she portrays in the film - plus there is the room of horror monsters as well).

That said the 2nd film did mark a change - it was moving Alien from Horror to action a change that never gose back and only get reinforced with each film. The 3rd also did poorly, but I blame that far more so on the whole cutting of material to get it to fit down to a cinema release. Some key story bits got cut and without them some bits do feel odd or lacking.

Netskimmer said:
Alien Resurrection. Or are you saying that you choose not to acknowledge their existence within your universe due to them sucking?

Anyway, funny story, after watching alien for the first time, I was about 8 or 9, I went to my room to go to bed. My room was pitch black and the family cat (black, naturally) had gone in there and decided it would be a good idea to jump on my chest as I entered the room. Yeah, no sleep for me that night! :lol:

They were never made like star wars 1, 2, 3 ;)

Netskimmer said:

They were never made like star wars 1, 2, 3 ;)

Gotcha! Though I'm betting you've got some JarJar boxers stuffed way down in the bottom of the underwear drawer.

Netskimmer said:
Gotcha! Though I'm betting you've got some JarJar boxers stuffed way down in the bottom of the underwear drawer.

Lol jar jar? Do they have pickle, pickles?

The real question is; Who would win a fight between Ripley and Dutch?

Ripley probably wouldn't have put up too much of a fight...:sexywink:

JohnMF said:
The real question is; Who would win a fight between Ripley and Dutch?

Ripley with the exo suit, then it's over.

Most of you have prob scene this, but I love it so much I have to share it (and because it's slightly related).

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back