all right ladies

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please tell me what im missing here. long story but....

i posted a pics of couple old boats i have on here. im getting a new one coming up. Not yet, but money prevailing soon. My wife pops up and tells me her friend is looking for a boat. course they are texting back and forth. i hear this for a week about them coming over to look at one of these boats. I didn't have one up for sale, but whatever, ill move up no big issue.
They show up tonight. i make a deal with her husband who says it is going to be his boat. Then, they ask for payments. im not really making a dime selling this boat anyway. But whatever. Nice enough couple. They pay it off they can leave with it after. the boat isn't that much. Then this woman (who also seems nice but this is odd) starts texting my wife that they have better deals on craiglists. Ask if i will take nine hundred less for the boat. My wife tells her her husband already made the deal, bring it up with me not her. Ten more texts later. My wife asks me what to do . i told her to just forget about it ill keep the boat. i don't want the headache.
Lady text back again, asks to bring it out on the lake. Personally i think they are doing fine price wise on the boat as i know whats wrong with it and its a solid inexpensive motor boat. And most on craiglists who know what they will be getting. but anyway. now she wants to take it on the lake!!!

it isn't registered or ready
there is still ice on the lake
they still haven't put any money down

huh??????????????????????

her husband made the deal. My wife told her to take it up with her husband.
Then my wife comes to me and says it is because they don't have a lot of money and she is pregnant. This lady is acting this way because she is pregnant.
how did i get involved in this again????????????????????????????????????????

so my wife now tells me i charged them too much for the boat. As the woman steered her to believing this.
i wasn't even selling the boat to begin with
the boat is worth what im charging im not making a dime
i even let agreed to let them make payments

now because she is pregnant im charging to much???????

seriously, i want them to buy the boat, enjoy the boat, be happy. I don't want the skies darkened here.

im just trying to understand from a womans perspective how i managed to become the bad guy on a boat i wasn't originally even selling yet.

course my wife is motivated to get rid of a boat, as if i get another one ill have three and she don't want three boats outside.

im just trying to figure out how i got into this.

seems like it is mostly my wifes woman friend too. i haven't heard a word from her husband after he made the deal and left.

This isn't a gender thing. This is an owning-multiple-boats thing. That's how you got into this.

I say never own a boat. Always have friends who own a boat, but never own a boat. Maybe a canoe, max.

This isn't a gender thing. This is an owning-multiple-boats thing. That's how you got into this.

I say never own a boat. Always have friends who own a boat, but never own a boat. Maybe a canoe, max.
i have a canoe too. But i live next to a lake. it kind of makes sense.

If I lived right next to a lake, I'd have a canoe. I live close to the Hudson and there are a lot of people with major boats around here. I've been out on some of them and it's certainly lovely to be out on the water, but dear lord, I'd never own anything bigger than a canoe. Way too much hassle for my tastes. (This is assuming I'd ever be able to even afford even a tiny rowboat with an outboard motor!)

At any rate, I truly don't understand the twist in events. If it were me, I'd tell that couple to take a flying leap into that water they want to take the boat on. They sound like a bunch of douche nozzles. According to what you've written, they've done nothing on the up and up, and to me, that means no boat for them. At least not one of mine.

How do you get out of it?

"I've decided not to sell the boat".

You'd be surprised how effective that can me.

What's surprising, though, is that you seem shocked that they want to put it on the water. I honestly can't imagine not doing that...

How do you get out of it?

"I've decided not to sell the boat".

You'd be surprised how effective that can me.

What's surprising, though, is that you seem shocked that they want to put it on the water. I honestly can't imagine not doing that...
i don't live in florida. i live in maine. NO ONE has a boat on the lake yet.

If I lived right next to a lake, I'd have a canoe. I live close to the Hudson and there are a lot of people with major boats around here. I've been out on some of them and it's certainly lovely to be out on the water, but dear lord, I'd never own anything bigger than a canoe. Way too much hassle for my tastes. (This is assuming I'd ever be able to even afford even a tiny rowboat with an outboard motor!)

At any rate, I truly don't understand the twist in events. If it were me, I'd tell that couple to take a flying leap into that water they want to take the boat on. They sound like a bunch of douche nozzles. According to what you've written, they've done nothing on the up and up, and to me, that means no boat for them. At least not one of mine.
i'm really trying to be nice and polite and work with them. Be UNDERSTANDING. But at this point, unless they show up with cash in hand i think my conversations are over with them. Even though im sure they will be contacting me to "discuss" this more i have a migraine over it already. And text messaging, back and forth. Back and forth. i cant stand that ****. i really think it is her not her husband though, ya know. Because she is pregnant and all.......:confused:

Im sorry, BUT... IMO... Thats insane, keep the boat tell them you dont want to sell it anymore and they can make an offer when it is for sale.

No.1, Why the hell do they need a boat when there having a baby?
No.2, If they are having a baby yet they have to pay the boat off because the cant afford it, would they concentrate on buying baby stuff or getting ready for the baby??

Im sorry, BUT... IMO... Thats insane, keep the boat tell them you dont want to sell it anymore and they can make an offer when it is for sale.

No.2, If they are having a baby yet they have to pay the boat off because the cant afford it, would they concentrate on buying baby stuff or getting ready for the baby??

Ok, read through this whole thing, twice.

Now I have a headache. But, on the upside, yet again I find myself actually grateful to be divorced.

i'm really trying to be nice and polite and work with them. Be UNDERSTANDING. But at this point, unless they show up with cash in hand i think my conversations are over with them. Even though im sure they will be contacting me to "discuss" this more i have a migraine over it already. And text messaging, back and forth. Back and forth. i cant stand that ****. i really think it is her not her husband though, ya know. Because she is pregnant and all.......:confused:

Well, you don't have to literally tell them to take a flying leap. Still be respectful of course, but just take the offer off the table.

The pregnancy thing is just an excuse. They're manipulating your wife. You can't say whom it's coming from more, him or her. To hell with the whole divide and conquer and the 'just let the men handle this' bullsh*t. If you really want to salvage the deal, then all four of you sit down over a cup of coffee and hash it out one way or another.

My friend* offered me $1000 cash for my miata.

I told him no.

The end.

*he was not pregnant.

Here's a little tip for you: When two women who are friends (whether CLOSE friends or not, doesn't really matter) begin conspiring on a matter via multiple text messages, you can almost bank on it ending badly for YOU.
When one of those women is the pushy, "my way or the highway" type, it will likely end VERY badly for you.
When one of those women is the pushy type AND is pregnant...RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!

Don't loan friends money. Don't work with family. And do NOT, under any circumstance, make deals with pushy, pregnant women.

You won't win here. Is this one of your wife's "best" friends, or just an acquaintance? If it's a best friend, you are scr*wed.
If it's not, I would absolutely just say I've decided not to sell the boat. Tell them you didn't really realize how much you still LIKE that boat until you started thinking about selling it, and you're just not ready to sell. Period. The End. No bargaining.

You'll still lose, because the pushy, pregnant woman will be p.o.'ed at you. But all other options have you losing even bigger.

Yes it does sound like there priorities are twisted. If they have to make installments to buy it,then that can't afford any repairs. Marine stuff is very costly and probably they have no clue whats involved to maintain a boat.

Pull the plug on the deal and never take any calls from them. They are trouble.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back