TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...that make being a kid so fun :heart:

104086929-O.jpg

woodsac, I'm a big fan of your work, so I'm hesitant to critize, but something feels a bit weird with this picture. IMHO, it's leaning towards having that animation-feel to it (and by that I mean the style of A Scanner Darkly). Maybe it's just the jeans, maybe it's my pc, maybe it's what you were after.
Hope this makes sense.

pascal

YEEEAHHHH.......I don't like this picture. It's unsettling. lt's just the way her eyes look at you....it's REALLY wierd and I don't know why.

^^^ Wow, I don't get that at all. I see a sweet little girl enjoying life as a kid: dressed as a tomboy, riding her bike, with a balloon and a lollipop, and a mischievous/happy glint in her eye.

I like the image, sweet kid...but the contrast does seem to be too high.

Well I don’t agree with it being weird, but effects are little off, as Mike said the contrast could be off and to me vignette is a little heavy

Honest critique and critisism is always appreciated.

Hmmm...maybe it's all in how you first view the image? Of course, it was meant to be innocent. And the contrast was pushed a little high intentionally.

I also put a pretty thick vignette on this one, more than regular. Maybe a little too thick? I tried to force the attention to the expression, and then see all the other elements.

I am a little curious about the 'weird' part though. I'm not familiar with Scanner Darkly. Maybe having seem something like this, that resembled something dark, just naturally reminded you of it. If I left it pink and white, would it still be weird?

Thanks for the comments :)

It's probably the high contrast and the vignette that created the 'weirdness' for me.

pascal

The only thing that really bugs me is, yes, I do think the vignette is a tad too much. I think it's a very cute picture, other than that.

GAH! I DUNNO! It doesn't seem innocent to me AT ALL. She's a cold-blooded killer that fakes the innocence and really is planning to kill you by looking straight into her victims eyes!!!

OMFGPPLROFLOLWACOCIMHWTFGTGBBQ!!!1111!!11!! YEEEAARRRGGG!!!!!

Innocent to me is a bit more on the softer side??? I also feel the contrast was pushed up a little to much.. Sweet looking girl very happy with her balloon and pop! As all kids are.. Love the clothing she has on for this photo.. I mean who doesnt love a child in overalls? Can you post the originall?

Most reactions

Back