An open letter to the Canon 7d mark ii

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear 7dmk2---

I rented you with the hopes that you would me unremarkable. I thought that if I held you in my hand, I would not be impressed. I thought that my experience with you would be like my experience with your sibling the 6d.....underwhelming.

I was wrong. You are pretty doggone cool. I've taken a photo at ISO 16,000; something that my old Rebel can't even comprehend. You are amazing. I need you; I want you.

Sincerely,
The girl who doesn't have $1500

Refurbs on shop.usa.canon.com for 1199.00...

Lol.. well, start saving your pennies. I have. The 7d Mark II looks like a great camera, just seems like kind of an odd price point for an APS-C.
Curious what makes you think it is an odd price point?

Why buy a refurb, when you can buy new with a $400 printer, a 32gb Lexar and an free year of drops and spills for 1249 after rebate... Canon 7D Mark II

Lol.. well, start saving your pennies. I have. The 7d Mark II looks like a great camera, just seems like kind of an odd price point for an APS-C.
Curious what makes you think it is an odd price point?.

Well it just seems a little odd considering you can get into a full frame at the same price point. I guess though if your shooting a lot of action shots 10 FPS on an APS-C would be nice to have

Why buy a refurb, when you can buy new with a $400 printer, a 32gb Lexar and an free year of drops and spills for 1249 after rebate... Canon 7D Mark II

That is a good deal. However, she still has to initially lay out 1600.00.

Well it just seems a little odd considering you can get into a full frame at the same price point. I guess though if your shooting a lot of action shots 10 FPS on an APS-C would be nice to have
Perhaps, but we all have different needs. At the current price point, I consider it a bargain. For a full frame sports/wildlife camera to match the specs 10 FPS and large buffer, you only have the D4S or the 1DX and those set you back 4500 to 6K. Nikon still won't even make a camera that will compete with the 7Dm2 for people like me.

Perhaps, but we all have different needs. At the current price point, I consider it a bargain. For a full frame sports/wildlife camera to match the specs 10 FPS and large buffer, you only have the D4S or the 1DX and those set you back 4500 to 6K. Nikon still won't even make a camera that will compete with the 7Dm2 for people like me.
It seems difficult to convince people that a crop sensor is desirable for some types of photography. Particularly when 200mm and even 400mm lenses are too short for the need; even with extenders.

10fps is a bigger deal than some people realize. T3I to 60d to 70d to 7dII..I notice the difference and advantage from experience.

I would love to have the DR and the image quality and the low light abilities of a FF, but not at the expense of 1.6 crop, 10fps, and a superior AF sytem....unless it was for a 1Dx. If that was the case, I would also be able to afford the 10k and over lenses to go with it.

It seems difficult to convince people that a crop sensor is desirable for some types of photography. Particularly when 200mm and even 400mm lenses are too short for the need; even with extenders.

10fps is a bigger deal than some people realize. T3I to 60d to 70d to 7dII..I notice the difference and advantage from experience.

I would love to have the DR and the image quality and the low light abilities of a FF, but not at the expense of 1.6 crop, 10fps, and a superior AF sytem....unless it was for a 1Dx. If that was the case, I would also be able to afford the 10k and over lenses to go with it.
Actually that's always been the one thing I would change about my 7100 if I could, the buffer size. It will do 5 fps which is normally fast enough for me but shooting raw it gets overwhelmed quick so I have to do timed bursts.

I can only imagine how nice it would be to just press the shutter and have it continue to fire and not have to think about it.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

True, plus I have to assume that the guys who get paid megabucks for marketing these things and have years and years of research data probably have a better idea as to where to set that price point than I do,

Curious what makes you think it is an odd price point?

That is an awfully tempting deal.

I've been back and forth about this camera myself ever since it was announced. At first I wanted it and wanted to upgrade, then I wanted to go to the 5D mk III or (IV if announced). So I spent this year sitting back and waiting and reading and studying and talking about what to do.

I consider myself a sports and landscape photog, so part of me needs the 10 fps and part of me could use the FF. But I couldn't see spending $4K on a 1Dx.

Well at the end of July, I finally bit the bullet and bought the 7D mk II for football season this year, when I decided that the 5D mk IV wasn't coming out until next year.

After about a month and a half of shooting with this camera, I have decided that it was made for me. Do I still want a FF, sure but for what I shoot this is what I need.

I had a friend that I shoot with a lot get a D610 just a couple of weeks before me and I will admit the images are nice out of the full frame but for me, I like the images I get for putting together sequence composites.

I've been back and forth about this camera myself ever since it was announced. At first I wanted it and wanted to upgrade, then I wanted to go to the 5D mk III or (IV if announced). So I spent this year sitting back and waiting and reading and studying and talking about what to do.

I consider myself a sports and landscape photog, so part of me needs the 10 fps and part of me could use the FF. But I couldn't see spending $4K on a 1Dx.

Well at the end of July, I finally bit the bullet and bought the 7D mk II for football season this year, when I decided that the 5D mk IV wasn't coming out until next year.

After about a month and a half of shooting with this camera, I have decided that it was made for me. Do I still want a FF, sure but for what I shoot this is what I need.

I had a friend that I shoot with a lot get a D610 just a couple of weeks before me and I will admit the images are nice out of the full frame but for me, I like the images I get for putting together sequence composites.
Best of both worlds would be nice, and one day just maybe. Lotto.

That is an awfully tempting deal.
1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back