Another Angle of Thor's

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's Thor's Well from another angle a bit earlier in the day. I don't think I've ever seen a shot from this angle, with Cape Perpetua in the distance. For one, most people are interested in the sunset shot here, which set's in the opposite direction. Two, it's a fairly intimidating spot-- when the well fills up, splash comes up right at this spot.

A nice fellow at a safe distance took this shot for me on my phone.

Behind the Scenes @ Thor's Well by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

I'm in full chest-high waders . My tripod legs are a few inches deep as the water retreats here. I'm using a fully waterproof rain jacket to cover the camera to keep it from being hit by wave splash and to keep the lens element clean of the abundant sea spray in the air.

When the water starts retreating, I remove the jacket quickly, and snap the shot with remote shutter. Even with this technique, there was such abundant sea spray in the air I had to clean the lens front after every shot.

Water probably got a little past my knees here.

Here's the final shot:

Down Under by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

Last edited:
Great background on how you shot the photo!

Besides your being slightly nuts, it's a great shot. Well done! That part of the Oregon coast is on my to visit this coming summer. I don't think I will brave that location like you have but might have a go with a longer lens.

Still no Chris Hemsworth!!! :grumpy:

Are you kidding me? He's right in the middle of the second shot. Look at that right bicep. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn

Besides your being slightly nuts, it's a great shot. Well done! That part of the Oregon coast is on my to visit this coming summer. I don't think I will brave that location like you have but might have a go with a longer lens.

LOL thanks. Yeah, you could perhaps make a shot work with somewhere between 150-300mm from the overlook, if you're extremely well-stabilized and there's no wind.

Gorgeous!

No, you are!

Whatever it takes to get the shot, right? Well done, excellent shot.

Sometimes this mentality can get me in a bit of trouble. ;)

You is hot baby...:sexywink:

By the way, does anyone think Australia is at the bottom of Thor's Well? I'll be the first to point my questionable image title.

G'day mates

LOL thanks. Yeah, you could perhaps make a shot work with somewhere between 150-300mm from the overlook, if you're extremely well-stabilized and there's no wind.

Gorgeous!

No, you are!

You need a backup person (with a rope and harness), just in case! lol! (Anybody that call me gorgeous is certifiably insane anyway, but we don't want to lose you!) lol!

That's one nice thing about piling on the years: I don't do foolish things just for a photograph near as often as I used to ;) I have done my share of them in the past though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back