What's new

Another attempt at SCCA pictures

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
546
Reaction score
6
Location
Hatboro, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posted these before...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/216246-some-new-scca-pics-my-buddies.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...some-scca-pics-people-i-have-no-idea-who.html

This time I went out with the goals of slowing the shutter down and working on my panning more.

With that said, because it was overcast and at points raining I actually had to drop the shutter down even more then I expected.

1. The Thing
index.php


2. Cone crushing...(He has one under each wheel and knocked a third out of frame...hit the brakes hard enough to throw his head forward quite a bit too)
index.php


3.
index.php


4. Off course
index.php


5. Cone relocation
index.php


6. Hide the cone
index.php


C&C welcome
 
Holy Crap! someone went off course in autocross? wow. that takes effort. Your panning is pretty good. Challenge yourself a little more though and slow the shutter down even further.
 
Holy Crap! someone went off course in autocross? wow. that takes effort. Your panning is pretty good. Challenge yourself a little more though and slow the shutter down even further.

He wasn't the only one!

index.php


Thanks for the comment. Next time I'll toy with the shutter a little lower
 
Wow, #1....wtf? lol

The rest are pretty great action shots, and I like that you captured them getting some cone juice :thumbup:

And that poor M3...it deserves a better driver :lol:
 
Wow, #1....wtf? lol

The rest are pretty great action shots, and I like that you captured them getting some cone juice :thumbup:

And that poor M3...it deserves a better driver :lol:

From what I gathered the weird "Thing" (#1) was a engineering groups project. I believe they said it was originally a Caprice. The plane wing that is on the back was rigged up to a box that would adjust the angle according to speed and how long at that speed. I don't know if it actually worked or not but it does look to be at different angles in various pictures.

Thanks for the comment
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom