cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I mean a gallery.

Film is a completely different beast, as we know, and the majority of shots around here are digital. I've been trying to look through to see some film shots, to see which films produce what and all that. I'd also love some feedback on my shots specifically from film users. I think it would be really helpful. And maybe it would even encourage people to buy film to keep things like Kodachrome on the market. :lol:

You're right in that the majority of photos around here are digital. It hasn't really been something I've thought about, but it was the other way around just a few years ago when this place started up.

Anyway it would be hard to justify a film only gallery without adding a digital only gallery and I don't know that we need two more galleries at the moment.

What you can do is start a Film only thread in the photo themes forum.

As a film-only geek, of course I love this idea - but the image is the final thing, and the tool....? Not so much. ;)

I would, however, encourage you to please, please include all the details with every image you post - no matter which Gallery it appears in. Start a trend! :thumbup: I love seeing film speed, film type, even the developer you used mentioned. For me, it's got so much more flavah than just reading whether or not it was shot in raw.

:lol: I will be made to pay for that crack, no doubt.

^
^
^
What she sez! :D

50 % of the images I posted here so far were film ... just most times people do not realise always (with some it is apparent though) ;)

Actually some time ago I used to post a lot of film on a purely digital forum, and they never realised ;)

50 % of the images I posted here so far were film ... just most times people do not realise always (with some it is apparent though) ;)

Actually some time ago I used to post a lot of film on a purely digital forum, and they never realised ;)
hee hee....similar to the posts here where a film cam/type IS mentioned with a posted image, and an all-digital user comments on "noise" or asks how a B&W "conversion" was done.... ;)

hee hee....similar to the posts here where a film cam/type IS mentioned with a posted image, and an all-digital user comments on "noise" or asks how a B&W "conversion" was done.... ;)

wll, have to admit here that after scanning colour slides I often do reduce the grain with neatimage ;) .. but so I do for digital images sometimes.

I was astounded when I posted HP5 scans, and a digital user posted the simple criticism: "Noisy."

I just wanted to be like THAT'S CALLED GRAIN, IT'S IN REAL PHOTOGRAPHS. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back