Anyone from Utah?

misunderstanding or not, red flags raise rapidly when local/state/federal government regulations are appartently ignored and unfortunately can go south quickly depending on the locale involved. i guess you could say this event and many like them get a bad rap because of the hords of similar events that give law enforcement agencies reason for concern....guilty of association if you will. the circumstances you outlined were unfortunate for many, but that's life...you get over it. anyone who engages in this type venue should understand, minimumly, the permit process associated. otherwise, you will bring havoc on yourself and those who attend.

4 inocent people lost their lives at the hands of our national guard in may of 1970 at kent state university because war protesters didn't follow the rules of engagement. sheit happens.....move on!

Detailed accounts...

http://utrave.org/showthread.php?t=20020
News cast...

http://www.abc4.tv/local_news/local_headlines/story.aspx?content_id=9E880C47-B98E-4172-A5AE-9988C45CE8A7

Looks like the promoters didn't get the right permits, apparently that gun found was from the property owner. All the rest of that crap in bags looks laughable.

Some money? A pill and some money? Wow...what a drug raid.

To be honest I don't have much sympathy for the illegal activities. I just keep reading these accounts of innocent people who were attacked by dogs and cops/national guard, and it makes me sick.

No...it was counterfeit money, Bace. Several weapons and more than 60 arrests. ;) That, plus the failure to obtain a proper permit for a group of over 250. I think they were right to move in and bust it up.

Trust me....I'm all for maintaining the rights of innocent concert-goers, or anytime innocent people are peacefully gathered. I'm sure there were some innocent heads busted here, but this is not the Kent State incident of the 60's, either.

Dontcha hate gray? ;) Such an ugly color.

terri said:
No...it was counterfeit money, Bace. Several weapons and more than 60 arrests. ;) That, plus the failure to obtain a proper permit for a group of over 250. I think they were right to move in and bust it up.

Trust me....I'm all for maintaining the rights of innocent concert-goers, or anytime innocent people are peacefully gathered. I'm sure there were some innocent heads busted here, but this is not the Kent State incident of the 60's, either.

Dontcha hate gray? ;) Such an ugly color.

Like I said, I've been going to these types of parties for over 5 years in Toronto, and never had to deal with this kind of treatment.

Just seems unreal to me. I'm sure their well within their rights to shut down the party with whatever force necessary, but these people are ravers?

They're not protestors. They're not heavy metal crazy bastards.

The drug policies in the U.S. just seem ridiculous, but I'm just Canadian so what do I know.

keep in mind that ALL law enforcement agencies are antsy today, largely because of 9/11. what may appear small and simple to you, will look of concern to them. they move and act aggressively to ascertain what they need.

bace said:
Like I said, I've been going to these types of parties for over 5 years in Toronto, and never had to deal with this kind of treatment.

Just seems unreal to me. I'm sure their well within their rights to shut down the party with whatever force necessary, but these people are ravers?

They're not protestors. They're not heavy metal crazy bastards.

The drug policies in the U.S. just seem ridiculous, but I'm just Canadian so what do I know.
Then you've apparently been attending parties that were appropriately licensed, bonded....and guarded, whether you were aware of it or not. ;) When everyone follows the guidelines, people can go out and let loose, and no, no one's head is going to be cracked if there's a little herb in the air. That's not what was happening here, though.

And if you're talking about prescription drugs that sell here for twice what you Canadians are paying, then I'd agree that "drug policies in the US are ridiculous".

But if you're talking about E, crack, crystal meth, or other street drugs, then we differ, cause I don't give a damn how manufacturers and dealers are treated. ;)

terri said:
Then you've apparently been attending parties that were appropriately licensed, bonded....and guarded, whether you were aware of it or not. ;) When everyone follows the guidelines, people can go out and let loose, and no, no one's head is going to be cracked if there's a little herb in the air. That's not what was happening here, though.

And if you're talking about prescription drugs that sell here for twice what you Canadians are paying, then I'd agree that "drug policies in the US are ridiculous".

But if you're talking about E, crack, crystal meth, or other street drugs, then we differ, cause I don't give a damn how manufacturers and dealers are treated. ;)

EXACTLY!

Terri, you're so good at saying what my brain is thinking.

Xmetal said:
Indeed, Metalheads sort Cocaine, Ravers pop Eccy's - there's a difference. :lol:

exactly!!!!!

i know when i play metal music, i snort coke all damn day!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

MDowdey said:
exactly!!!!!

i know when i play metal music, i snort coke all damn day!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Metallica - Enter Sandman

Exit light, *sniff*
Enter Night!
Take my *sniff* hand!
We're off to never never *sniff* land!

:mrgreen:

terri said:

Alright, to back peddle and be completely honest, i'm not sure the full extent of the U.S. drug laws. I agree with you in saying that those who manufacture and sell drugs should feel whatever rath they get. I don't think 1400 kids should be hearded around by a small army cause they were dancing in the same area as some petty dealers.

But that's just me I guess.

Most reactions

Back