Anyone from Utah?

I just wrote 3 paragraphs about this and erased them...bace, good job at stirring up the pot, interesting discussion. but i would get an objective view before spouting off. :)

and it's nice to see some folks that dig cops around here...usually it's the opposite. :)

JonMikal said:

ya know bace, since you've joined, i go from i don't like ya to i like ya then back again....it's a see-saw effect. sometimes, you know how to join in with the fun, then just when it's starting to work you do this stuff. it's like if we don't see things your way, you're gonna go off. WTH is that? what does that say to us? it's like posting a pic in critique and getting pissed off if we say something negatively. you're an extreme person...thats cool, but KNOW when to curb it a little. i've said this before...your images are wonderful...your personality doesn't match it...most of the time.

To be completely honest, I don't even know why I was argueing my point so hard yesterday. I realized that here in Canada they curbed the rave scene by imposing laws that forced the promoters into bankruptcy.

In the US, more specifically in Utah, their approach is to raid them with the National Guard and SWAT. Scare the living **** out of a bunch of youngsters and hope they don't gather again.

After seeing that video I'd have to say that I sure as hell wouldn't go to a rave again....in Utah.

And yes, I do have a problem seeing anything anyway other than my own. Think of it as a character flaw that i'm trying to work on. Knowing is half the battle.

werd.

....now you're gonna back to liking me right?:lol:

P.S...

"all these shows produce are pacifier sucking, neo-hippie, stoners who cant dance and have to have drugs in order to "love the world...man""

This is what made me see red. Anything else said by anyone just read like this but with more words.

That is all.

Of coarse you do. Wouldn't want you to backpeddle on a gross and ignorant genralization.

I think i already backpeddled enough in this thread.

HOWEVER, from MY experience, I would say the mojority of those attending raves in Toronto were white suburban kids.

And although I'm not clear on the geographics of Utah, I would guess that most of those attending that party were from white suburbia.

The reason that comment irks me so, is because I was in the 'rave' scene. Some of the most intelligent, talented, succesfull people are people I met from the 'rave' scene.

Saying that most people that attend raves are white suburban kids really isn't a generalization. It's pretty much a known fact.

hehe....I have to scan some after Sept 1st. I have a whole bunch of pics in storage at the moment.

Once I get them out, I'll be putting up a series in hopes some of you might give me some advice.

I actually have a show coming up in October, so I need to pick 10 pics. I wanna grab the best pic of each lady I've taken pics of.

Anyway, can you people stop ganging up on me. MDowdy's comment was pretty personally insulting. Wtf do you want me to do? Sit here and say...."yeah...you're right....I'm really not sure how I never noticed that soother in my friends mouth all these years."

Or that they were complete neo-hippies...? and drugs addicts?

Fu.K that.

bace said:
Saying that most people that attend raves are white suburban kids really isn't a generalization. It's pretty much a known fact.

But saying that the people from the rave were white suburban kids so they couldn't possibly be doing anything that would warrant such police force is a huge generalization. Are you telling me that white suburban kids don't ever cause any trouble that would require police?

hobbes28 said:
But saying that the people from the rave were white suburban kids so they couldn't possibly be doing anything that would warrant such police force is a huge generalization. Are you telling me that white suburban kids don't ever cause any trouble that would require police?

Ah, see, there lies the confusion. That's not what I meant at all. I'm saying that most of those kids would be scared ****less to get caught. You see cops, you a)run b)dump your pockets and walk out in an ORDERLY fashion. Could you imagine how hard life would be if they didn't get to use the family suburban after school and on weekends.

(I know that's another slight generalization but I think it works in this case)

(also note that i'm from white suburbia....and I hated it when I couldn't use my parents van)

So yeah to clarify. I did NOT mean that they didn't "deserve" that much force, because there was obviously a lot of illegal **** going on. BUT they're not gang members with guns. They're just kids who would be too scared to get caught for anything. Wave a gun in their face and they're pissing their pants.

isnt that what america is all about? gross generalizations?

every rave ive ever been to, and yes it has been many considering my name was all over the music, has been the same cliched, stoned group of 14 year old kids. i dont care what you THINK im doing...its all about getting under YOUR skin. :)

lighten up dude, seriously. i think you like having these discussions with people cause you want to be the douchebag in every conversation.

Most reactions

Back