apples in the snow

julz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my mum needed a pic for her billboard or callendar, so i took some shots, dunno if she would need any of these, but here's some of them on a small scale

apples14kt.jpg

apples28vm.jpg

apples38wb.jpg

apples45cl.jpg

apples55hv.jpg

apples61ar.jpg

apples79zd.jpg

apples85so.jpg

Very Nice :D love the last one with the little bit of snow on top of it. they're a bit like the ones you had before, maybe some more snow on top of them , sprinkle a bit around or something? , i like the depth of field on them too, looks good :D

nice concept. if theres a way you can get the background to be white, then itll be stronger.

i dont like the blue ones at all.

Nice idea. :) I think the first and last one are the best (the blue ones are a bit too dark...)

i too like the concept! i agree making all the snow white would more striking but like what you've done so far. :thumbsup: i sure your mum was pleased with these.

yep she just looked at them and she sed she reli liked them. and i just did the blue for the variations. im just obsessed with that function in my camera, but i cant use it much, coz its not noticeable, but thanx everyone =)

nice, i like the non-blue ones too...would it be possible for you to bounce the flash? just to eliminate the glare...

cool stuff julz, i dig the non-blue ones - the red and white snow seems to have the most visual impact. However its good to experiment with the hues. :D

I find for some reason I find images with a 'blue cast' are hard to get right- someone told me that blue has the most 'noise' of all the colours. Its why you seldom see folks using blue filters on cameras. Also when converting colour to b&w I tend reduce the blue channel quite a bit too.

back to your image, very nice composition. the curving makes the eye wander the length of the photograph. I agree adding a bit o' snow would be cool as suggested. Also taking a big ol bite out of one the apples in the progression would add alot of character to the compostion as well (idea comes from a pic from last months competion). Perhaps show one of the apples sliced or Find a rotten/bruise to put in the progression? Possibilities are endless with type of shot :D

vonnagy said:
cool stuff julz, i dig the non-blue ones - the red and white snow seems to have the most visual impact. However its good to experiment with the hues. :D

I find for some reason I find images with a 'blue cast' are hard to get right- someone told me that blue has the most 'noise' of all the colours. Its why you seldom see folks using blue filters on cameras. Also when converting colour to b&w I tend reduce the blue channel quite a bit too.

back to your image, very nice composition. the curving makes the eye wander the length of the photograph. I agree adding a bit o' snow would be cool as suggested. Also taking a big ol bite out of one the apples in the progression would add alot of character to the compostion as well (idea comes from a pic from last months competion). Perhaps show one of the apples sliced or Find a rotten/bruise to put in the progression? Possibilities are endless with type of shot :D

thats alotta input, also stealing some of that knowledge for myself :D :p , hope julz decides to do a re-shoot, those ideas rock :D ... and there i go taking pictures of blue things earlier :roll: ah well... cant win em all. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back