are these hand straps any good?

hey, I am thinking about buying RS-sport, but how does it function if I also have a backpack on?

The strap would go under the backpack at your shoulder. I've got one and a sling from Kata and they work great together. The only problem would be if you have a clip across your chest (Like most backpacks do these days). If it's high on your chest no probelm. If it's slightly lower you might have to figure if you want your starp going over or under when it ties up. Should still work though.

The problem with the black rapid straps is that the pin attaches to the tripod mount of the camera. Therefore anytime you want to go to a tripod or monopod, you must first remove this pin and then attach your quick-release plate. Not a big deal if you rarely do this. The other downside to that other than time, is that I often leave the strap around my neck or arm even when on the tripod. I do this loosely enough that it would not add any vibration to the camera, but the camera remains secure enough that if a big gust or wind, faulty head or unstable footing causes the camera to fall, it is not going to hit the ground. Plus, in my opinion, carrying my camera at my side like that makes it more susceptible to getting dinged up. When its in front of me, unless I take a spill, its going to be safe. So if I was going to get some sort of fancy carrying system, I would probably go with something like the Cotton Carrier harness.

However, if you are only going to shoot handheld on a photowalk or at a wedding ( where you may have a second body for any tripod work ) then I am sure the black rapid straps work great.

My vote goes for the Blackrapid straps as well. I picked up a RS Sport and I love it. I use it with a backpack, sling bag or my crumpler and have no issues whats so ever.

It feels effortless hiking with a camera and lens attached to this thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back