Asus PA248QV vs PA278QV

Stefana M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying the PA248QV. The price difference between these two is over 100€. I'm not a pro with these things so could someone tell me if there's a big difference in quality between these two? I know there's a size difference.

Thanks 😊

The aspect ratio is different, and the 27" has a better resolution at 1440p (WQHD). that means 109ppi on the 27" vs 94ppi on the 24". I find 27" monitors much better for editing than 24". The extra real estate does make a difference, particularly when you have panels open.

It might be worth checking out the MSI MAG274QRF-QD which is at a similar price point to the Asus PA278QV but gives you a higher refresh rate and covers the Adobe RGB colour space as well. The MSI really needs colour calibrated with a colorometer (like the Datacolor Spyder, or the Calbrite Colorchecker Display).

Hardware Unboxed on youtube are a good source of info, also rtings.com do some in depth comparisons if you want further info.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying the PA248QV. The price difference between these two is over 100€. I'm not a pro with these things so could someone tell me if there's a big difference in quality between these two? I know there's a size difference.

Thanks 😊
I just bought the 27” version and wouldn’t look back.

Most reactions

Back