Austria!

sbalsama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just received my host family in Austria for next year. I am staying in a town south of Vienna called Zweiersdorf. It looks rather nice from the small pictures on the town website, plus it seems to have three distilleries (heh). I am staying all year and hope to bring back many photos to show this forum. I leave in a month. It's been great hanging around here, so thanks for the great experience. The help around here is top notch.

I would come to the European meetup, but I won't be on the continent until September 1 anyway. Good luck to those going!

P.S. Feel free to chime in on rural Austrian life if you can :p

Remember the term Gruss Gott (Grew-ss Got). :D (it's a greeting in the area there)

Have fun and make sure to send lots of pictures.

That's awesome. I've just finished a year over in France. It's an amazing thing to do and really opens up your eyes to the world and to people and their cultures.

You'll have an amazing time and I hope the winter won't be too bad. Mine was awfully cold!

Oh and remember, there are no Kangaroos in Austria.

damn, you're coming to Austria :D
too cool, I don't know Zweiersdorf but I'm pretty sure that it's located in Niederoesterreich so there are really many distilleries ;)
wine rules.
have fun, I know that country for over 18 years now :D

Hey, pretty cool Santino! Yeah, Zweiersdorf is located in NOe, seems to be south of Vienna off of Autobahn 2. North of Neunkirchen and West of Eisenstadt.

Meysha - After my trips to Austria in the past, I never want to see a t-shirt with that phrase on it again :p Also, I dunno about your winters, but here in Northeast US we get the cold ;)

Hobbes - I was honestly surprised when I heard how many people used a phrase like that. Europe just seems so increasingly secular...

Thanks all!

Most reactions

Back