Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The boys are away on vacation for a week with their father and his family in Minnesota. I though if I called it would help to hear their voices.....not so much because now I just feel sad :(

So, what should we do during our week of no kids that will help pass the time?

Enjoy the feel of quiet. ;) It's going to be a rare commodity when there's three kids in the house soon!

Watch some TV or rent flicks you'd never watch with the boys around. :razz:

um....that's all I've got. Hope their chicken pox is all better!! :heart:

I'll think I'll have to mark this post so come January I can look back and remember this feeling :mrgreen:

At least I have school...I guess I could do my homework....nah, not that desperate yet!

The boys are feeling fine now. They did say it was raining in MN and that they would have to stay inside all day. I told them we would go outside and enjoy a walk with the dogs for them.

When my son is gone ... which isn't often ... I turn into "The Robe Lady" and mope around ... the belt of the robe draggin' behind me ... and then I flop down on his bed, smell his pillow and tell myself that he's having a good time ... but would have a better time with us!! :mrgreen:

Day three is usually the turning point where I stay out past 'bus time' and do a little shopping ... meet hubby for a non-chickenstripsandfries meal ... and don't have to worry about homework or ball practice or other mom duties.

Enjoy the time, but I guarantee that they miss you as much as you miss them ... they'd just eat worms before they'd admit it! :greenpbl:

:lol: Thanks! Actually, because they are still little (nearly 6 and just turned 4) the first thing they said was "I miss you" and then they got lost in finding easter eggs (the plastic ones) left over from a few Easter's ago and that was the end of any meaningful conversations.

This weekend we are doing some final home remodeling and moving bedrooms and painting their new room so that will keep us busy. I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who misses the kids when they are gone. I think I'm going to make a horrible empty-nester :mrgreen:

Aw!!!! :hug:: Not having kids, I can't say I know how you feel exactly, but I think I can imagine, cuz it's probably a lot like I feel when I have to be away from Erik for an extended period of time. :( It's no fun.

But ya know what? You will absolutely LOVE the way it feels when you first see them again! :) I always look forward to that part.

Hmmm...now, what to do? Terri has some good suggestions.

How bout...get out the camera, and challenge yourself to a type of photography you don't normally do, or don't feel you are very good at? That will force you to concentrate and think about something other than the boys. :)

Good Luck Alison!

Aubs should break out the Daylab. :thumbup: Go play with it while you can think.

I forgot you had one or I would have suggested it right off. My bad. :mrgreen:

terri said:
Aubs should break out the Daylab. :thumbup: Go play with it while you can think.

I forgot you had one or I would have suggested it right off. My bad. :mrgreen:

:lol: It's still sitting in the corner, it looks lonely.

Corry, my camera hasn't seen the light between photo shoots in ages. Somewhere along the way I lost my drive. But, I do have two shoots to edit and another senior shoot to do on Sunday.

:lol: It's still sitting in the corner, it looks lonely.
See, but now you have a few days to set it up and play! Really would be a great time to figure it out without the boys wanting to peek through the viewfinder. :lol: They'll think it's cool. ;)

I know, I'm a nag. :mrgreen:

hobbes28 said:
I need to finish this roll of slide film... I guess I could over lunch today... :D

But then you have to get it developed :twisted: I think you'd much rather finish ripping up the carpet downstairs :mrgreen:

AlisonPower said:
But then you have to get it developed :twisted: I think you'd much rather finish ripping up the carpet downstairs :mrgreen:
Now there's motivation to find a 1-hour E6 developer in a hurry! :biglaugh:

I don't know what I'd do if I were without my boys. The only time I have spent away from Joseph is the month before John was born and I had to be put in the hospital... but JonMikal brought Joseph to the hospital every day to see me and John was still inside trying desperately to come out! It broke my heart not to put Joseph to bed... But I think he enjoyed visiting me... he enjoyed yanking on my IV :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back