Ballet rehearsal

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The ballet school that my daughter goes to is just a little school in the country, nothing posh, nothing big, nothing too elegant, but with a very passionate teacher who tries to bring a piece to performance every once in a while. She then tries to include ALL her dance students so that they ALL get a chance to go on stage for once, whether they do classical ballet or hiphop, jazz dance, or whether they are still so little that they can only go to the kiddies' classes (4 - 7 years old). She even offers classes for special children, like she has a dancer with Down syndrome in her school, too!

One day she asked me if I could come and take photos during rehearsal, in their very (quite boring and boringly lit) class, and I said, of course, I sure can!

So while last week on Monday I went round to take some photos to test the light situation and try out some effects with the only (poor) lights I could bring along), on Sunday was the "big day" when ALL her dancers came for one big Sunday rehearsal, so I could capture them all.

I now have to wait for the persons/parents to sign the release forms that I have prepared, and only then would I dare to show you the photos that I took. Until then, this is the only one I feel safe in posting here and now:

126226064.jpg

I hope all will say they are OK with their or their kid's photos being shown or presented (according to German Law you even need release for photos being displayed publicly, like, e.g. on the walls of the hallway of that dance school).

After looking at this I can't wait to see the rest LaFoto, I'm sure they're excellent! :D

Well, thanks Becky. Some are really nice, and I managed to capture some of the drama of the piece (an adapted version of Coppelia - adapted to the teacher's students' abilities and preferences - dancestylewise, you know), even though it only was in that rehearsal room. I so hope everyone's going to sign that form.

Oh, thanks PhotoGal, too, we wrote at the same time :)

What do you say: would photos of adults dancing or of large groups be ok to post? (Though the little kids were cutest!!!)

Hi LaFoto. It's been a while..

Anyway, good photo! Although, I would like to see it from a little lower angle, so that we don't need to see the bottom of the wall, and the floor.. This is my personal opinion, and I am not surprised if nobody agree...

Cool shot Corinna. Look forward to the others.
Strange the laws we all have in our own countries about photography eh. The story behing this photo is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I like the shadow version anyway.....I know the laws here are about the same...but I agree with them because I know it's for the protection of the children...there are too many evil people out there lurking with only evil and wrong doing in their minds for they have no heart!!

I like it. Looks like the shadow on the left is doing mime. :D

I look forward to the other photos!

love this one corinna... like the shadows... very well done :d i hope we get to see the rest sometime... goodluck :thumbsup:

Me gusta esta foto, y creo que es una excelente idea. Para mi gusto personal, habría dejado solo las sombras, y no dejaría que apareciera la zona inferior...
Un abrazo.

I like this photo, and I believe that it is an excellent idea. For my personal taste, it would have left the shades single, and it would not leave appeared the inferior zone... A hug.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back